Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob here, I bought 08 civic si (whole car) for parts, I’m planning of swapping everything to my eg, would I be able to use my stock harness from z3 and ecu,? I’m also looking of getting a 06 type s harness/ecu as my plan B if I won’t be able to use my stock z3 harness/ecu already got k20a2 TB with adaptor, will my a2 TB work with 06 harness? And what other parts would i need from my Si that will work with my eg swap, tia👍

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
You will need an 02-04 rsx or ep3 (k20a3) engine harness and ecu from an 02-04 as well. The 06+ stuff is drive by wire and isn’t usually done in 88-00 swap chassis , I don’t even know what all it would take to get working if it could be done, at least the gas pedal and the electronics behind that and flashpro , but don’t quote me lol. Your sensors on the z3 motor I think only differ on a couple from what’s on the type s engine harness so just a couple spliced in plugs from the z3 harness should solve that. You can use the half shaft, as well as the shifter cables if you get the shifter for z3. Also a side note for z3 trans they use a different kind of speed sensor so you will need a speed converter or to do some wiring to get that functioning properly but there’s lots of info on that on this page and on YouTube. I can provide links and assistance if you have any other compatibility questions.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
You can also get a bracket from k tuned for the z3 trans that converts it to be used with accord shift box and cables which are much cheaper. Afhkparts has a lot of k swap necessities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts