Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to this page and have been trying to figure out what I need to do to make a k20z3 work in my 2004 base rsx. I’m hoping to keep my 5 speed trans if possible. Any help would be gladly appreciated!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,721 Posts
Hello, I’m new to this page and have been trying to figure out what I need to do to make a k20z3 work in my 2004 base rsx. I’m hoping to keep my 5 speed trans if possible. Any help would be gladly appreciated!
Welcome on board. Indeed possible. You can keep your trans as the bolt pattern of all K-series are the same. The clutch might need a upgrade, not sure how much wear it already saw. What is the completion status of that engine? Harness, Intake Manifold, Header, Vehicle Speed Sensor, DBW TB or Cable Trottle Body. Pictures of details and an overview would help to get this running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome on board. Indeed possible. You can keep your trans as the bolt pattern of all K-series are the same. The clutch might need a upgrade, not sure how much wear it already saw. What is the completion status of that engine? Harness, Intake Manifold, Header, Vehicle Speed Sensor, DBW TB or Cable Trottle Body. Pictures of details and an overview would help to get this running.
I haven’t started taking my current engine out yet. I’m hoping to get everything ready before I start the process. This is what I heard that I will have to do.
  • keep my 02-04 engine & charge harness
  • keep my ecu and get hondata
  • get a conversion harness to help with the couple sensors that the plugs are different
  • the z3 motor comes with the intake manifold
  • I will have to buy an adapter plate for the intake manifold to keep my current cable TB
  • I have PLM full header on the car currently ( they said it will work on all k20s )
  • should I get the k20z3 clutch or k20a3 clutch?
  • not sure speed sensor to get.
This is all that I have accumulated so far. If there is anything that might need to be added or if some of this stuff isn’t true that would be lots of help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts