Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!! So I’m new to the k series and need some info/ideas for a build I’m starting. I have a k20z3 head that I got awhile ago and a few days ago I picked up a complete k24a4 longblock. I got both for a combined price of 175$! The z3 head has all the parts but came disassembled. The rocker arm assembly came in a box completely apart and nothing labeled so I think I’ll just replace the whole thing because I’m sure it’s missing some pieces. Cams and valve look fine just maybe cleaned/polished. The k24a4 was drinking a tad bit of coolant( it was from my buddy and he swapped it for a customer so I trust that’s the only thing wrong). I want to just use oem honda parts because I don’t want to do a crazy build. I know I need to use tsx rods and pistons but besides that I’m unsure of the best combinations with everything else as most of my researching for this specific head/block was people fully building them. I don’t plan on boosting it just want a fun swap for my del sol to cruise around on the weekends. I’m not opposed to buying new internals but just want to keep it simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone???? I’m just looking for some insight from people who have done this before. I’ve done hours of research and I’ve only found fully built threads and builds. I’m not looking for anyone to hold my hand and spell it out for me just some info so I can decide on a direction and go for it

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,513 Posts
It sounds like you have the right idea already. Tsx pistons in the k24a4 with the z3 head would make for a nice engine. There was someone on here recently that put a tsx rbb-3 head onto a k24a8 block with no modifications and it worked fine , but I wouldn’t risk the piston to valve contact on a stock block. I had a crv k24a1 with a type s head as my first k engine and even with the lower comp shortblock it was tons of fun and made great power still. Is there anything specific you are wondering about or just the setup as a whole ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts