Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! It’s been a VERY long time since I’ve been on here...
I’m preparing to put a k20z3 into my eg coupe...
I have a ktuned rsx engine harness and I’m a little confused as to which plugs will fit and which will not...
I’m not very wiring savvy hence why I got the ktuned harness with the idea of that simplifying it a bit...
I just want to be as prepared as possible...
Will the z3 alternator plug fit? Am I better off getting an rsx alternator?
Same with starter?
is there anything else that a wiring noob as myself should be aware of before I go to do the swap and find out none of the plugs work?!?
I’ve done some searching but just can’t seem to find the answers, I’ve found others asking the same but with no answers!
Please help!
Thank you in advance! I appreciate it!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
Greetings! It’s been a VERY long time since I’ve been on here...
Welcome to K20a.org Freezingmoon! Are 2 h VERY long 😜? Or did you forget your password of your longtime account? What was your AKA?

I have a ktuned rsx engine harness and I’m a little confused as to which plugs will fit and which will not...
Will the z3 alternator plug fit? Am I better off getting an rsx alternator?
Same with starter?
I am not sure about the chassis interphases, but on the engine side you have
  • DBW TB, which has to be swapped for a cable wire TB
  • VSS sensor on the K20Z3, check this out: Technical Information K20 Transmissions
  • BTW consider the K20Z3 gearbox kinematic is different to the K20A2 kinematic if you are going to connect it to your shifter
  • You better have a K20A2 ECU for the RSX 02-04 harness
  • Maybe other points, I did not remember...
BTW why didn't you just buy a new or used RSX 02-04 harness instead of the overpriced KTuned one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to K20a.org Freezingmoon! Are 2 h VERY long 😜? Or did you forget your password of your longtime account? What was your AKA?

I am not sure about the chassis interphases, but on the engine side you have
  • DBW TB, which has to be swapped for a cable wire TB
  • VSS sensor on the K20Z3, check this out: Technical Information K20 Transmissions
  • BTW consider the K20Z3 gearbox kinematic is different to the K20A2 kinematic if you are going to connect it to your shifter
  • You better have a K20A2 ECU for the RSX 02-04 harness
  • Maybe other points, I did not remember...
BTW why didn't you just buy a new or used RSX 02-04 harness instead of the overpriced KTuned one?
I got the ktuned harness because it looks nice and clean and I figured it would help keep things simple...
I did already get a 70mm throttle body with tps and map sensor.
And I did already get the vss converter as well as an 02-04 prb ecu which I just sent to Hondata yesterday!
I’m just wanting to make sure there’s nothing I’ll need to know before i do the swap becuase I don’t have very long as I have to rent a space to be able to do it and I only have a week!

I can’t remember my old username it was so long ago I believe from 2008 it could have been a few different names I used back then lol I figured easier to just make a new one!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
I did already get a 70mm throttle body with tps and map sensor...And I did already get the vss converter as well as an 02-04 prb ecu which I just sent to Hondata yesterday!
Very good!

I’m just wanting to make sure there’s nothing I’ll need to know before i do the swap becuase I don’t have very long as I have to rent a space to be able to do it and I only have a week!

I can’t remember my old username it was so long ago I believe from 2008 it could have been a few different names I used back then lol I figured easier to just make a new one!
(y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone one else that has done this swap recall what sensors/plugs need to be changed?!?
So far in know the knock sensor for the z3 will not plug into the rsx-s harness
I want to make sure i don’t miss any others that will need to be addressed as well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts