Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
K20z3 cams in a K20a3?

I have read that you can put in K20a2 cams in an a3 so I wanted to know if you can use the z3 cams as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Re: K20z3 cams in a K20a3?

only way to find out is to try. I know that some modifications have to be made to the tsx cams by grinding down some lobes or grinding away at the rockers a bit. Not sure about the z3's

·
Registered
91 Posts

z3/a2 are 3 lobe vtec, a3 uses a 2 lobe intake and a single non vtec exhaust. it can be done but you need to transfer the whole rocker arm assembly over too and it will require some cutting to make it fit correctly.

·
Registered
318 Posts

no you don't. All you need to do is use exhaust rockers from the a3/a1/a4 on the intake side. No need to swap the whole rocker assembly like once was thought. The big lobe is large enough to run on the single rocker. This has been done several times now and they are having amazing results. ONly thing is that this has been done with type-s cams, it has just been done with tsx cams but the exhaust rocker had to be grinded down so the other lobes won't rub on the rocker arm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts