-Random Tech HFC

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
once that is tuned it will straighten out that TQ curve

·
Registered
45 Posts
your exhaust is bottle necking your whole situation!.....think of it as a faucet (your intake) a sink (your engine) and a drain(your exhaust system). you can only feed so much water into the sink and the drain keep up. you cant force water in there. for it to be at a constant state, you cant make mods to your motor and expect it to get rid of more exhaust and take on more air with out the proper tools to do so. get a bigger exhaust and you should be good

·
Registered
69 Posts
It almost looks like the cam in installed off a tooth or something, with peak torque that early it is really weird.

The exhaust will help but the graph looks very odd.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It almost looks like the cam in installed off a tooth or something, with peak torque that early it is really weird.

The exhaust will help but the graph looks very odd.
Yeah...thats what Doug told me as well. I know tuning is needed but I just wanted to know why the graph looked so odd.

·
Registered
225 Posts
maybe it's the cams themselves. the guy at church said that the cam phrase on the cams might be off. try contacting BC and see if they can give you another set of cams to test. otherwise, it could be a combination of thing as to why your power goes up and down. maybe your chain is off by a tooth, who knows.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Yeah...thats what Doug told me as well. I know tuning is needed but I just wanted to know why the graph looked so odd.

You have cams and a stock ECU, what is it that is so odd?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Normally the factory cam angles will not produce the best power but it will not make the graph look like that. These cars make peak torque around VTEC point and his is very early.

It could need a tune but other cars with cams made much better power than that with the stock ecu.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Normally the factory cam angles will not produce the best power but it will not make the graph look like that. These cars make peak torque around VTEC point and his is very early.

It could need a tune but other cars with cams made much better power than that with the stock ecu.

yah but with a crappy head, stock exhaust, and a stock intake setup? All that with a stock ECU, I dont think you can expect much...

I think with a tune he might make 210 with a much smoother graph, No?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just got dynoed yesterday...
Can anyone tell me what the problem is?
Mods are
-Comptech Header
-BC Stage 2 Cams /w Valvetrain
-P2R TBS
This appears to me to be Spark Plug-related. I saw something very similar in another car I used to have. In my case, I was missing my HP/TQ curves completely for about 750 consecutive RPMs worth of data.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don see any problem at all... the dip is caused during change from low cam to hi cam.. since u r using stock ECU, your ECU is not able to adjust the fuel during the cam change.

fixing FlashPro should be able to solve the problem and making sure u get a linear line..

to the experts.. please correct, if what i said is wrong... still in the learning process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the reply guys!

Last Saturday I finally got flashpro and had the car tuned at church automotive.

Here is the final results...I still notice that my torque curve looks very odd...having peak torque at such a low rpm suppose to be normal?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.