Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
No problem guys! That was the reason I was doing it the way I was! Good to get some positive feedback.

However, a bigger and much more exciting project fell onto me that I'm going to undertake so I'm actually going to begin parting this out. Which unfortunately will also mean the end of this thread right here.....

Hopefully we can leave it open to help people in the future. I will also still reply to it with what I had planned out if anyone else has any future questions...just no more pictures unfortunately unless someone can be kind enough to work along with us on it or even pick it up.

Sorry guys! But like I said keep the questions/pictures coming of your experiences so hopefully we can keep this in depth thread going.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
really good and informative thread! i def appreciate all the effort youve put into this! for the life of me i couldnt depin my harness until i saw your pics. keep the momentum going, and please dont stop documenting your progress!
Thanks for the kinds words. Really glad it helped you out! I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to post though since I've since dropped this project for another one. So unforunately this will probably be some of my last picture loaded updates.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Injector Clip Difference
My K20z3 came with a busted K20z3 injector so in my process of putting stuff on the WTB I had a guy tell me that the k20z3 and k20a2 injectors are the same. I believe this is an accurate statement for the as far as flow rates go. But as I discovered while working with my harness, the injector clips themselves are most certainly different:
310cc K20a2 Injector Clips: These clips only have 1 lock on it and then just a series of alignment grooves on the opposing side:

310cc K20z3 Injector Clips: These clips have TWO locks, one on either side:

410cc RDX injector clip: These clips are much different. Smaller in overall dimensions than either the K20z3 or a2 which is why they're not interchangeable:

Now, I'm sure people are going to say "no no! I've done it! I've ran the K20a2 harness on my OEM K20z3 Injectors!". I'm not saying it cant be done, because it can. Either clip is able to physically go on and lock onto the K20z3 injectors I have, so the clips are somewhat interchangeable. The only issue is if you're using a K20z3 injector on a K20a2 harness, only one side of the injector will actually be locked in even though the injector has provisions for two locks.

Anyone tried K20a2 injectors on K20z3 clips? I don't have any a2 injectors laying around to give it a shot, but any info I'm sure would be handy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awesome thread. I myself am in the process of doing a full z3 swap. I had quite a few head scratching moments. Thanks for taking the time to include all of this information and tech. Good luck, and keep doing what you're doing. :up:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Awesome thread. I myself am in the process of doing a full z3 swap. I had quite a few head scratching moments. Thanks for taking the time to include all of this information and tech. Good luck, and keep doing what you're doing. :up:
Thanks! Unfortunately I feel this is all the more that will be on here unless someone else can post up some pictures and some more steps. I ended up parting out my swap for a more creature comfort daily driver!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was able to use my z3 charge harness and a2 engine harness. although the plugs are obviously different where they meet. i unloomed all the factory wiring and simplly deppined the wire coming out of the starter solenoid. i cut excess metal off to point it will plug into the a2 starter plug on harness. i cut the 5 wire plug to charge haness from a2 engine harness and color matched the wire to the charge harness plug on the z3 engine harness. plug nd play setup now.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
For the install of the conversion harness, do you just cut the wires a7 and a8 and solder them to the yellow wire on the fuel pump wire on the conversion harness, same with the CEL?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm swapping a DC Teg as well but using a K20a2/ 5speed. Your write up although it is a different setup. It's perfect thank you for sharing. Helped me get my brother's car going he did about the same setup but ran short or the AP1 dash so that's a future project. Anyways I was wondering what did you do for the ABS and steering? I have a manual rack but undecided on which way I want to go either loop it or manual? Do you still have the PDF available by email? Thanks Beat92240 best info yet.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts