Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all masters...anyone experience difficukty of sliding the slider gear from 3rd gear to 4th gear of k20z3 transmission. I have relpaced the slider gear, 4th gear, ans sycho but still having hartime moving it to 3rd or 4th gear. Its going in sometimes but on a perfect timing maybe
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
695 Posts
have you also replaced the baulk rings? These wear the most besides the noses on the gears themself and make it harder to slide them up and down.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Good day to all masters...anyone experience difficukty of sliding the slider gear from 3rd gear to 4th gear of k20z3 transmission. I have relpaced the slider gear, 4th gear, ans sycho but still having hartime moving it to 3rd or 4th gear. Its going in sometimes but on a perfect timing maybe
Thanks for the advice.
welcome to k20a.org and thank your for registering.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks for the advice.
OK if you have the MS in you hand then it should engage in both directions equally in difficulty. those synchro's are exactly the same in 4th and 3rd, it should not just slide in with out no resistance but with a click pop and set in place but this should not occur with binding or catching or with difficulty you should have no problem moving that slider ever. that 3-4 set is a nightmare in the k-series, you must inspect the slider and syncros for any damage and if they fail NEW PARTS MUST BE USED never use a old slider unless you know what damage you are looking for you can miss it easy and I will tell you many bad used sliders out there so be vigilant. oh this may be a stupid comment but make sure its oiled when testing your shaft. oh this is an after thought but inspect your snap springs the steel rings thin ones look for any flattening on the surfaces this is another spot that damage can be missed easily and also the cause of pop outs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts