Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Im relatively new in Honda community, be patient, please.
I own Accord 2007 with K20Z2 with electronic throttle, 5speed tran.
My engine head is in bad condition and needs rebuild, but unfortunatelly bottom of motor is also more loud and probably bad. Last owner dont care very well about engine, probably. So I decided to replace them with another motor with same specs. No need for tuning, just good reliability and lot of km with lovely Accord vagon :)

I get offer on K20A3 motor in good condition, it has 140 000 km. It has mechanical throttle.

My question:
Is swap possible?
What with throttle?
ECU?
Will be air conditioning functional?
Cruise control?
What part need to be bought/replaced as new?

Thank you very much for advice and information.

M Krupar, Czech Republic

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
If you could post a picture of your engine currently that would help determine. If it is an eco (base model 160hp) engine then chances are any external accessories can be swapped between the two engines as they should be very much alike. You will want to keep your current intake manifold and sensors etc to keep things simple with the swap. If I remember correctly the k20z2 is an equivalent to the k20a3 it is just newer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your respose.
Yes, it is an eco (base model, all parts oem) engine.
What about wiring from Z2? Will it fit on A3?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
Thanks for your respose.
Yes, it is an eco (base model, all parts oem) engine.
What about wiring from Z2? Will it fit on A3?
What year is the current z2 engine ? That should be the only difference, the 02-04 use cable driven throttle bodies and the 05-06+ Are setup for DBW throttle bodies. That should be the only difference if any and a simple intake manifold or throttle body swap will solve that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Z2 is end 06 with DBW throttle body. (I changed accelerator pedal position sensor before 1 year :D)
It is 8th gen platform, somebody said me. Older are 7th. My acco has board computer.
If all sensors and wiring harness on A3 are same, except DBW throttle, I suppose it to be compatibble with current ecu?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts