Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some help in finding what this problems is. and before i start i did reseach about overheating and did not find any help from them so im start my own thread

its a k20z1 with a Meziere Water Pump, mishimoto radiator with no thermstats and the fan turn on by a switch also the pump to. i bleed the system twice and im pretty sure i got the air out. reason i had to do that cuz my radiator cap when bad. the problem is when im driving the car temp is reading like 195+ and when i push it on the highway it gets to 210+ even when i idle it stay like 210-215 and it keep changing between. i dont know what to do? is there a way to bleed this water pump differently?

·
Premium Member
44,706 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have kpro. but how could i put back the thermostat. since i have that k-tune block plate.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Whats the benefit to using this electric set up??

And are both hose hot? top and bottom?

I ran a built k24 with no t-stat in the az heat and it never overheated.

Yet letting the coolant sit in the radiator to cool off would benefit.

What about putting the pump on a temperature switch? that way the coolant can sit, then when the temp turns it on, the pump is back to flowing again..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea they both get hot. I didn't have this problem till now so I don't thing it could be the thermostat not being there. also the car is not throwing white smoke and I just did a oil change and it's not mixing. what esle could it be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need to put the thermostat back in... I have the same setup and i have had the same issues. The problem i have recently run into is that the pressure is so high the thermostat cant open against it! I havent found a solution to that issue yet.. Maybe using a reducer from the -12an fitting.. Working on it this week and ill let ya know if it works, btw hybrid racing sells a inline thermostat for our setup.. The difference of stock and electric is the electric pump is a constant high flow for race setups and stock flows slower at lower rpms

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info. yesterday i took everything apart and flush the whole motor and radiator and found out some of the coolant line where block off with slim or something. thought i found the problem. but after adding the coolant and that red line water wetter and bleeding the car for like a hour. the car still was going up to 215 on the highway when i push her and when cruising it when back down to 205. it seems like the pump cant flow fast enough. so i dont see why a thermostat will help???? i just might take off the pump and put back the stock on and see what happens. if that does work i think my radiator is bad then.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
You need to put the thermostat back in... I have the same setup and i have had the same issues. The problem i have recently run into is that the pressure is so high the thermostat cant open against it! I havent found a solution to that issue yet.. Maybe using a reducer from the -12an fitting.. Working on it this week and ill let ya know if it works, btw hybrid racing sells a inline thermostat for our setup.. The difference of stock and electric is the electric pump is a constant high flow for race setups and stock flows slower at lower rpms
Look at how I did mine in my build thread, it is IMPERATIVE to have circulation coming from the heater core/back of the head. Most systems I've seen don't have it and cause the overheating issue, never had a single issue with mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
How is ur top radiator hose ran? Does it sit below the motor or above? I think k-tuned makes a inline thermostat if u wanted on. If radiator sits below outlet on motor that could be ur issue(still air in system).

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
How is ur top radiator hose ran? Does it sit below the motor or above? I think k-tuned makes a inline thermostat if u wanted on. If radiator sits below outlet on motor that could be ur issue(still air in system).
That's not an issue with an electric pump. You can bleed the system without the engine running.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Look at how I did mine in my build thread, it is IMPERATIVE to have circulation coming from the heater core/back of the head. Most systems I've seen don't have it and cause the overheating issue, never had a single issue with mine.
I know a hand full of people in my area that have those lines plugged in the back and run with/without thermostats and the car never heats up. cars usually sit around 190-200 normal driving on a decently hot day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts