Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure what exact ecu works and what i need, unfortunately i made the mistake and bought the wrong ecu (PNF). I’d go with the 02-04 rsx type s ecu but everywhere i look says there’s problems. Should i just use the stock ecu from the 05-06 rsx with an immobilizer?

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are a lot of details missing from your question to answer it appropriately.

What harness are you using? I can assume that by having z1 that it has an 05-06 RSX-S harness, but I don’t assume anything.

What “problems” were you told about the 02-04 RSX-S ecu? Or is it because the swap has a 05-06 RSX-S harness? The pinouts on the 05-06 ECU are different than on the 02-04 ECU. In that sense, the 02-04 ECU would not work. But if you used the 02-04 harness on your swap or modified the wiring on the 05-06 harness, the 02-04 ECU will work.

When you write “ecu with an immobilizer” you mean immobilizer bypass, right?

Most people who plan to use the 05-06 RSX-S ECU have KTuner installed on it. Most K-swap guys, even with a K20z1, z3, and so on use the 02-04 harness and ECU.

If you use the z1 transmission, which uses a digital speed sensor, you will also need the VSS converter to allow the instrument cluster to display vehicle speed.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That PNF ECU is from the EP3 Si. KPro can be installed on that ECU as long as it is the US spec ECU, but I believe it does not have the reverse lockout function (powers the solenoid that prevents you from putting the trans in reverse above a certain speed). But I’ve read that there is a way to get it to operate with that ECU.

Also, it wouldn’t be compatible with the engine harness from the 05-06 RSX-S as the ECU pin outs are different, just like the 02-04 RSX ECU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.