Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
Can I reuse everything from my ep3 to install a k20z1 .. Will it bolt right in?

Longblock only or full swap... Tranny included???

· Registered
2 Posts
Longblock only or full swap... Tranny included???
I can't start a new thread so my apologies for hijacking this thread. I have an 06 RSX Type-S right now that unfortunately has had the frame molested (long story short, it wasn't in an accident, a mechanic got stupid when they tried to replace my CMC against my wishes) and repaired but it still drives fine. In the future I was considering swapping in essentially the entire powertrain from my current car into an EP3. Could I just transplant everything (literally unbolt the subframe and engine mounts and install it with my ECU) on an EP3? I'd probably use the civic's EPS system and idler pulley but with everything I have, would I still need to go the K-Pro/Haltech route + a speed converter?

· Registered
229 Posts
I can't start a new thread so my apologies for hijacking this thread. I have an 06 RSX Type-S right now that unfortunately has had the frame molested (long story short, it wasn't in an accident, a mechanic got stupid when they tried to replace my CMC against my wishes) and repaired but it still drives fine. In the future I was considering swapping in essentially the entire powertrain from my current car into an EP3. Could I just transplant everything (literally unbolt the subframe and engine mounts and install it with my ECU) on an EP3? I'd probably use the civic's EPS system and idler pulley but with everything I have, would I still need to go the K-Pro/Haltech route + a speed converter?
Yes you would

· Registered
2 Posts
k20Z1 swaps right into EP3. I've done it
I get that it can swap right in. The biggest hurdle is making everything read correctly. How did you get the speedometer to read correctly? Did you just install a speed converter and called it a day? Or did you do something more invasive like swapping out the z1 transmission internals into an A2 case or installing an A2 speed sensor/speed gear into your Z1 transmission? I currently don't have the money for a K-Pro, and even if I were to buy one, I'm not sure which option I would have to purchase to make this swap work.

· Registered
12 Posts
I get that it can swap right in. The biggest hurdle is making everything read correctly. How did you get the speedometer to read correctly? Did you just install a speed converter and called it a day? Or did you do something more invasive like swapping out the z1 transmission internals into an A2 case or installing an A2 speed sensor/speed gear into your Z1 transmission? I currently don't have the money for a K-Pro, and even if I were to buy one, I'm not sure which option I would have to purchase to make this swap work.
Here's the info you're looking for. I would recommend Kpro
http://www.hondata.com/techk20transmissions.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.