Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been searching for awhile and I cant seem to find on here what exactly I am looking for. I have a 2003 RSX Type S chassis, I am swapping in a K20z1 motor, tranny, harness, ecu, key, immobilizer, and cluster, I am trying to see if anyone has done this and how easy of a swap it shiould be :rolleyes: rather than running everything down I figured I would check to see if anyone has the info. That would make my life alot easier. Thanks in advance.

I am not looking to swap trannies or anything like that I am trying to basically make it 05-06.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for some input

·
Registered
24 Posts
It would be easiest to reuse your 03 ecu and harness as the z1 harness and ecu are not compatible with your 03 dash harness. Or you can switch out the dash harness for the z1 one but there might still be some gauge issues. If you do decide to take the path with the 03 ecu and harness you can use the a2 transmission or convert the vss signal from the z1 tranny with the dakota digitial converter.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be easiest to reuse your 03 ecu and harness as the z1 harness and ecu are not compatible with your 03 dash harness. Or you can switch out the dash harness for the z1 one but there might still be some gauge issues. If you do decide to take the path with the 03 ecu and harness you can use the a2 transmission or convert the vss signal from the z1 tranny with the dakota digitial converter.
most of that is incorrect, I put the enitre z1 swap with ecu and immobilizer into my car, I repined about 7 wires on the eplug and started the car no check lights, the only thing that is not working is the speedo. The tach, temp, fuel etc all work 100% vtech is doing its job as well so it has been a pretty straight forward deal just a few wiring issues. I will be swapping the 05-06 cluster in shortly and that should take care of the VSS thing, I will let everyone know.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
most of that is incorrect, I put the enitre z1 swap with ecu and immobilizer into my car, I repined about 7 wires on the eplug and started the car no check lights, the only thing that is not working is the speedo. The tach, temp, fuel etc all work 100% vtech is doing its job as well so it has been a pretty straight forward deal just a few wiring issues. I will be swapping the 05-06 cluster in shortly and that should take care of the VSS thing, I will let everyone know.
That actually makes sense with the speed sensor. You'd probably have to run one those dakota converter boxes to get it to work without swapping clusters.

Let us know how it turns out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts