Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K24a2 longblock from an 08 TSX and I'm trying to find an alternator that will fit, with minimum modification, other than the TSX alternator. I'm putting the engine in my S2000 and the plug for the wiring harness needs to be on the opposite side of the housing from the pulley to eliminate some clearance issues with the steering rack. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
- TJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
I recently installed a K20a2 alternator on my TSX and you will need the K20a2 water pump housing to make it bolt up correctly. The bottom two bolts for the alternator will not line up correctly if you try to use K24A2 water pump housing with the K20A2 alternator.

The plug location for the alternator was moved, but I'm not sure it's going to free up the kind of space you might need.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
I recently installed a K20a2 alternator on my TSX and you will need the K20a2 water pump housing to make it bolt up correctly. The bottom two bolts for the alternator will not line up correctly if you try to use K24A2 water pump housing with the K20A2 alternator.

The plug location for the alternator was moved, but I'm not sure it's going to free up the kind of space you might need.
This.. That's about all you have to do... But then now you either have to block off the oil cooler port or install an oil cooler on the back on the block...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts