Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a month of dreaming it finally came true!!!! i got my k20a.... it couldnt have been done without my wife and friends!!! thanks guys!!! when we did the swap i wanted everything to look stock..!!well here you go for your viewing pleasure.......

heres the old motor

motor shot..

k20 with power steering!

the K20a.org salute!!!!

and the k20 beast and its new home

just want to say thanks to everybody on this board for all the help and info.! now i can share info with all you guys...oh yeah thanks to dave and glenn..miles.. and me (chris) at davesgarage831.com for the long cold nights workin on the ride.... dan at rcrewracing.com for all the parts and motor..... and last but not least my wife for lettin me do this swap and not killin me!!!!!!!

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Wow. what can I say.. That is one beautiful car!!!

Congratulations and being married with 2 kids, I know what you mean about your wife... lol :wink:

Great job, car looks great!!

Nikos

PS Thanks for the support

·
Registered
51 Posts
hey

looks great man im sure not many people out there has put the k20 in their type r i like it alot i had the b18c5 motor in my hatch and i just got a k20 just got the axles and mounts and fuel pump the other day it will be in by the end of the week, ill be using k-pro to run it, cant wait

congrats!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all i did was notch the skleton of the hood to clear it... and i also bought a custom p/s line..used the dc2 12mm end and the dc5 p/s pump end and had a local company make me a new line to fit...jdm rhd made it too short and their rack is mounted higher.. i heard usdm type s line works tho..but not sure..... what yah think for a first time k swap?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: wow

civkid said:
i like everything about this swap right here, with only one exception.. the freaking muffler sticks out so damned far.. thats my only bitch, but everything else is DOPE!!!
:twisted:
thanks.! the muffler dosnt stick out that much...when i took that pic the muffler wasnt hooked up and was open header so the muffler was just swinging around and stuck out a mile!

·
Registered
458 Posts
wassup chris, congrads on the swap, I wanted to see pics and all i had to do was look. Gettin my stuff narrowed down to the last part needed, I got that same dream too. So have you got some local kills on the streets yet?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Man I was gonna ask what your initial driving impression was. Can you elaborate on what you really think overall now that you've driven it a bit? I know after driving something a bit you start to pick up on differences depending on where you drive. Man I wish my boys wife was like yours...as soon as he got married his hobby went to shit....I am so pissed. You oughta go buy her a gift and realize your pretty lucky bro...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.