Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking for info on a k20a6 engine they came from a European accord was just wondering are they the same casting of block as I’m thinking of buying one to mock up built engine swap into an eg chassis and want to know will mounts and axle placements be the same running this engine and gearbox

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,339 Posts
Hi guys looking for info on a k20a6 engine they came from a European accord was just wondering are they the same casting of block as I’m thinking of buying one to mock up built engine swap into an eg chassis and want to know will mounts and axle placements be the same running this engine and gearbox
The block should be the same casting as long as it is a 02-08 engine. As far as the gearbox goes , what is the code on the case ? Both styles will fit in swap applications you will just need to choose the mount kit that works for your particular one (egk1 or egk2 for rsx/ k20z3 transmission and egk3/egk4 for the k24 style transmission which would be the US accord and tsx )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah nice one for the reply man it should be grand I just can get this for basically nothing so it would be handy to use as a mock up everything while I source the proper engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts