Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i bought a k20a3 from a 06 si and i put it into my base model rsx 02. and i have a problem it doesn't rev past 3k rpm any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Could possibly be your spool assembly,where the vtec solenoid is on the back of your head. What code are you getting from the ecu? Had the same issue with mine. Tried cleaning it out first but still didn't work so just bought it new from the dealer and it runs fine now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how could i check the code? how much was it for the new one? when i swaped the motor i used the one from the rsx k20a3 because the si ddnt have one of the sensors could mayb it was bad.... how could i clean it? brake cleaner?

·
Registered
274 Posts
how could i check the code? how much was it for the new one? when i swaped the motor i used the one from the rsx k20a3 because the si ddnt have one of the sensors could mayb it was bad.... how could i clean it? brake cleaner?
obd2 scanner any local garage should be able to run the code and yea brake cleaner or carb cleaner works on build up just fine

·
Registered
191 Posts
i think he put a k20z3 in a base rsx if u did that u need k-pro buddy thats y the motor wont rev past 3k

·
Registered
717 Posts
k20a3 came on ep3 and base rsx
check your tps sensor i had same problem with my k20 change tps sensor and problem fixed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my bad its an 05' and i do have the check engine light on i just dnt have the tool to check it ima get one dis week... and i changed the vtec spool cylonoid and same happened...

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
my bad its an 05' and i do have the check engine light on i just dnt have the tool to check it ima get one dis week... and i changed the vtec spool cylonoid and same happened...
even if the vtec was bad u would still be able to rev past 3000.. jus will sound like shit... if ur hitting wats like a rev limit at 3000 k then its more than liekly a tps sensor or a major sensor went out.. thats usually the case as a failsafe

·
Registered
660 Posts
P1259 I think was the code I was getting when I couldn't rev past 3k. The solenoid was the issue on mine. I'd def get it scanned to see what it is though. That and of course chk the the tps and map sensors. I had my plugs swapped at one point when I first swapped and it wouldn't rev right also

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so i went and got my self a scanner and cheked the codes at first i had like 6 codes from the previous motor after reseting the ecu i only had 3 IAT, crank sensor and fuel air metering... what sensor is that? but the problem was being caused by the crank sensor... i changed it and problem solved:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
AWESOME... Glad u got it fixed!!! I got the same problem going on right now, Parts will be in in about 3 days... Hopefully that'll fix all the issues!!

·
Banned
16 Posts
Quick question since I cant create my own post I have an 01 Civic with a K20A3... The OBD2 port is not working. What could it possibly be? The car is running but when you hook up the scanner it is not working?

·
Registered
592 Posts
i was gonna post the same thing but youve already done it...good job my dude...i did a 05 k24a2 swap in mine and it wouldnt rev past 3k...so i change the crank sensor and waaaaaahla...problem fix, well at least theres something here for someone else to learn if they ever run into this kind of problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was gonna post the same thing but youve already done it...good job my dude...i did a 05 k24a2 swap in mine and it wouldnt rev past 3k...so i change the crank sensor and waaaaaahla...problem fix, well at least theres something here for someone else to learn if they ever run into this kind of problem
I have the same issue in my 09 Si with CRV block. Si Head.... it say my crank sensor and I went to autozone and replaced it but it’s throwing the same code. Do I need the Honda dealer part?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts