Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is pretty much my first time messing with any K series. I run on a local dirt oval track and picked up an 02 si hatch that was rolled but still runs and drives. Is there a way to do without the ac and all the pulleys and just run one short belt to the alternator?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
thanx for all the input. Is there anyway to do without running any pulleys and just a straight belt to the the alternator?

you would still need the serpentine belt to also operate the water pump, so you cant just run the alternator.

·
Registered
523 Posts
You don't need much to run no ac on an ep other than a new belt. I have no ac on my k24 thats in my ep3. I believe that the belt is a 50.5 like u stated.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't need much to run no ac on an ep other than a new belt. I have no ac on my k24 thats in my ep3. I believe that the belt is a 50.5 like u stated.

my belts currently off, when i get the 50.5 is there an ez way to describe how it goes on? is there a tensioner? really havent looked into it yet. I think i read that i can get rid of the top pulley or balancer, whatever it is? LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts