Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How will the A3 hold up to a hit of nitrous and how much will it be able to handle? If you can kinda give me the pros and cons of spraying a A3 i will thank you

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I think it will be fine to spray, I wouldn't over do it on the A3. A quick story for whom ever may be concerned. About two months ago I was watching a 2000 Prelude being dyno tuned. The owner of the car had installed a turbo kit with intercooler, and had the NOS installed correctly also. The owner had sprayed on the car for just over two years hard, on a stock motor. He started to feel he needed more power b/c the NOS wasn't cutting it anymore.
After two years of NOS abuse:
2000 Prelude Stock Motor w/ turbo and NOS 166whp on a Dynapack 3000
I forget the exact shot but I believe it was a 50 shot and 6psi. This was baseline and after tuning the numbers gained are not eben worth talking about. This guy destroyed his motor and was expecting the turbo to do the trick. Since then I have had second thoughts about spraying without proper
engine prepping. Now I am gearing this towards having a motor with some kind of longivity. Not putting down NOS users.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So in other words i should just boost it with the T.3/T.4 i have in my room? Or will a 50 or 75 shot be safe?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
166whp is horrible for 6psi and a 50 shot...im hoping it was non vtec also cuz a stock h22 puts down that much power

but anyway, yes after 2 years of nitrous abuse and turbo, what d u expect to happen? 2 years IMO is pretty dam good for a stock motor with nitrous on a regular. and remember,how long u want ur motor to last is all about tuning, and how well u take care of it

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
the owner of the car wasn't honest about his driving havits when asked and the dyno proved it....I was trying to provide information and install the idea of building the motor to accept long term and aggressive use of NOS...
and the car wasn't ran with a turbo, just NOS, then he had the turbo installed b/c the car wasn't making enough power anymore

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
97K20Coupe said:
So in other words i should just boost it with the T.3/T.4 i have in my room? Or will a 50 or 75 shot be safe?
The 50 or 75 shot will be fine, alot of people are having good results w/ the Kpro NOS program. I would use the T3 you have and run low boost around 7psi if you are after realiablity. the base RSX and SI ( i have an SI ) have poor airflow to the radiator once a intercooler is installed. For air to hit 60% of radiator, it must travel through an IC and AC. when driving 60mph the air is only moving like 6mph once its traveled through the IC, then it must penitrate the AC coils before it reaches radiator. Haven't heard too much about the TC A3 over heating, but seeing the radiator isn't working at its potential the engine will suffer some.
This is one of the reasons I choose a SC for the predictabilty of my daily driver's life span based on this....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts