Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my long block prepped to drop in my car next week and wanted to just confirm some parts compatibility for my JDM K24a (3-lobe cam) engine block.

It came with the goofy water passage housing and jdm alternator. I've removed those and set those aside.
I will not be running the OEM oil cooler.

Here is combination that I'd like to use on my JDM K24a:
*RSX-base coolant passage with an RSX-base water pump
*RSX-base thermostat housing and RSX-base radiator hose neck
*EP3 idler pulley
*RSX base alternator

^ everything on that parts list look good?

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,339 Posts
I'm getting my long block prepped to drop in my car next week and wanted to just confirm some parts compatibility for my JDM K24a (3-lobe cam) engine block.

It came with the goofy water passage housing and jdm alternator. I've removed those and set those aside.
I will not be running the OEM oil cooler.

Here is combination that I'd like to use on my JDM K24a:
*RSX-base coolant passage with an RSX-base water pump
*RSX-base thermostat housing and RSX-base radiator hose neck
*EP3 idler pulley
*RSX base alternator

^ everything on that parts list look good?
Your parts list does look good. I know I’m about a month late but did you get everything working?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your parts list does look good. I know I’m about a month late but did you get everything working?
It's a (slooow) work in progress. I sent the K20a3 water passage to my machine shop to get cleaned since it was caked in oily gunk from the previous owner. Got that back and installed on the block, along with the K20a3 water pump, and all new gaskets. I haven't done the thermostat yet because I wanted to wait until I got the block hung in the bay so I could see which thermostat fit better (TSX or K20a3). Still lots more to be done before it's running since I'm in the process of converting the car for a Kswap.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,339 Posts
It's a (slooow) work in progress. I sent the K20a3 water passage to my machine shop to get cleaned since it was caked in oily gunk from the previous owner. Got that back and installed on the block, along with the K20a3 water pump, and all new gaskets. I haven't done the thermostat yet because I wanted to wait until I got the block hung in the bay so I could see which thermostat fit better (TSX or K20a3). Still lots more to be done before it's running since I'm in the process of converting the car for a Kswap.
The rsx thermostat is usually the best fitting oem one as it points down and to the right slightly. I’m not sure of the angle of the TSX , if you end up using an adjustable thermostat housing just make sure to clock the tstat bleed hole to 12 noon so the air can escape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts