Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wandering if anyone knows what kind of gains if any you could get if you put a K24 head on a K20A3 bottom end. What ecu would you use, compression ratio? Does the K24 head flow better than a K20? head. I am going to be forced induction. Please help

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
k24a heads can be accord, element, CRV or TSX. I am going to assume you are talking about the k24a2 head from the TSX. The other heads would be a completelly waste of time since they are essentially the same thing as the k20a3 head.

A tsx k24a2 head would be pretty close to a type S head.

So are you asking about turboing a k20a3 with type s head?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it will be a K20A3 bottom end with a TSX head. Would it be good way to go or should I get a K20A2 head. Would the swap essentially be the same as in parts needed as doing a A2 head?

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Yes, same thing. The only real difference between the tsx and the type s head is the cams and the intake ports. The tsx has smaller ports so torque is a little bit better but when changing blocks... it is more complicated...

Basically, if you can get a type s head cheaper, go with that or vice versa.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have a turbo kit that I pieced together. I am using a T04E stage IV turbo with type RFL BOV, tial 38mm W/G, FMIC, RC 550's, STR fuel rail, OBX header, manual boost control, and Greddy E-manage w/ all the harnesses. I just haven't put it on yet; I want to do everything at the same time. I am going to order Darton sleeves, and some forged pistons and rods on the 1st so all I am trying to figure out is what head to go with. Thanks for the help any more info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.