Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I'm extremely new with the k-swap and stuff....but i really want to swap my 94 civic coupe....as a starter i chose the k20a3....all i have is just the complete longblock with manifold, engine harness, charge harness, and alternator.....I was going to buy a 03 SI transmission but i don't know if it will work on my k20...does it matter what year it is or do all the a3's work the same?....the thing is im not too sure what year my motor is either....will I need the 03 si shifter cables and box?....also will it matter if it is a automatic or manual trans.....

sorry if this is a newbie question but I really want to do this swap....I searched around for a while but couldn't really get a straight answer...If someone can help me THANK YOU!

Here's my coupe...hoping to become K-POWERED

·
Registered
257 Posts
all k series bolts right up... u definitely need a manual trans... it makes a huge difference lol... i wouldn't get the ep3 trans... it kinda sux... but if its for a good price jump all over it... use the 02-04 rsx shifter cables and box... sparkss racing sells a conversion harness for $275 i think... cheapest ive seen... and im running that harness right nwo... its really simple to install... if ur brave ebay has a obx kseries mount kit for $385... or u can shop around and find a avid kit or hasport for about 400-450 on the k20a.org classifieds... axles u can use the rsx type s w/ bseries outters... just pm me ill give u a list and help u out...

·
Banned
16,396 Posts
actually not all k series trannys bolt right up. 05-06 tranny you need to modify. but i would say get a 6 speed tranny with 02-04 type s shifter box and cables and you should be good to go also check out the stickies and other threads you may find some useful information

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ok thanks for the helpful tips....well the 03 SI tranny i might pick up is for $240....I don't know if that's a good price.....and I want to go with a Turbo setup that's why i want the 5 speed....I heard the 5 speed will work better with turbo....but IDK....

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
oh ok thanks for the helpful tips....well the 03 SI tranny i might pick up is for $240....I don't know if that's a good price.....and I want to go with a Turbo setup that's why i want the 5 speed....I heard the 5 speed will work better with turbo....but IDK....
Thats dirt cheap, there might be somethng wrong with it actually so beware.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats dirt cheap, there might be somethng wrong with it actually so beware.
well... the guy said that when he dropped the motor in his car it wouldnt start....so he just took out the whole motor and put in a new one...so i dont know if the problem is the tranny or is it the motor...can anyone help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts