Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Whenever I get a shell I guess. :p I have so much other crap I need to sell (parting out my 1994 Accord with H22 turbo).

Also just decided to sell my HASPORT header and get the six sigma k hybrid header insated. But I have every part needed for the swap so I'm hoping to be doing the swap by the end of the month. We'll see. :)

Are you doing a TSX swap as well?

Oh yea, I guess I need to finish installing the Type-R LSD too. I was sort of procrastinating because I measured the shims and the clearance is a little too wide but since the current shim doesn't say how thick it is, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what shim size I need to order. I guess I'm delaying the inevitable of having to just order 5-6 shims and hope one of them works out. :p THey're only $6 each so I just need to do that.

Yeah i'm using a k24a2, with a type s trans. (don't have the trans yet...) The motor will be going into one of my two hatches :silly: ...i just bought a shell painted suzuka blue, but its turning out to be more of a hassle than i can bear. Its completetly stripped, and i mean stripped.:down: But i run into the other problem of my red hatch being undriveable at this point because of the accident, i need major rear quarter panel fixing, whole trailing arm needs replacing, both rears to be exact. :down: And new paint will be required. DAMNIT!

Is there going to be a problem with the flywheel, clutch etc being exposed? If so is there anything to do about it?Cuz i am also doing a tsx engine mated to a ep3 tranny. And by the way ACCORD5sp let me know how that tranny feels with that motor cuz its only a matter of time be4 im finished. Just collectin my final swap parts

I know it's best to have it covered but I coudln't fine the part on acuraautomotiveparts for the tsx engine. I ended up buying one for the ep3 tranny. I figured if it doesn't fit up exactly, I"ll just drill the holes in the cover to match them with the holes on the tsx block.

I'll let you guys know about the lsd/tranny but may be a while still. Finally measured the clearance on the diff shim and went and picked up a few shims from Honda so I can try them out. I want to make sure it's done correctly. I currently have a 1.2 shim but the clearance/gap was a little over .1mm so I got both a 1.3 and 1.35 shim to try to get that as close to 0mm as possible. Once I try that out I'll close up the tranny and hopefully be finding a shell to stick this into soon!

I don't see why you couldn't mate the type-s tranny to the k24a4. People have said on this board that all k series transmissions are interchangeable. Whether it'll work with the hybrid mounts is another question...I believe the TSX tranny is the only tranny with different mounts so you can't use it as of now.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.