Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, new to the forum not sure if this was discussed before but not seeing any info after checking the site for couple weeks. I have a 2003 Honda Civic ES model and I'm in the process of swapping in a K20a3 engine and transmission form a 2006 RSX base. I notice that the wiring guide for the 02 sensor is for the a2, most people saying it's basically the same but I'm not able to complete because 1 wire is missing from the base model which is pin 15 (white wire) which is the primary oxygen sensor heater (+). is there a work around for this? Thanks for the assistance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you going 02-04 kpro, ktuner (or stock ecu), or 05-06 kpro?
I don’t know much about the ecu process but I have a stock ECU that I bought to chips for and that was installed in the ECU that will be using Ktuner. This was handled by my brother and one of his friends will be tuning it.

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Ok, so going the ktuner route, I'll check Monday and get you a copy of the wiring.

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
ok, looks like a15 is not used for your application. I'm thinking that you need a relay for your power (if I am interpreting what you need correctly)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So exactly what am I looking at here, is this what needs to be done or is this how the 06 rsx sensor is routed and from this I can Interpret a solution, cause this look like rocket science to me lol, but thank you

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
This is the factory routing in an RSX.

ECU pin-

E8 will switch to a ground, pulling the relay for the O2 heater ckt.
A22 watches the power from the relay (verification of heater ckts)
A31 and A28 are directly connected to the O2 sensors
A10 is another heater control ckt.

all for the primary O2 sensor.

you mentioned pin 15 is sensor + but according to this honda diagram, not even 02-04 use that pin for oxygen sensors,

it looks like
02-04 use pin A6 for that and
05-06 use pin A31

1 - 10 of 10 Posts