Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 02 Civic Si.

Nothing done to it worthy of listing right now, I am also relatively new to all this.

I am wondering the best route to take. Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vague....

I'm basically interested in hearing from someone who has done this themselves, maybe made some mistakes they could tell me about so I don't do them as well. Maybe which parts, setup, all that would be the "Best Recommended" method.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right, I apologize for that...

I would like to turbo it eventually, I want the car to be my daily driver but also be able to achieve at least mid 12's. It's not super super fast but I would like it to be a real practical daily driver as well.

Should I just save up and do it all at once? Or...?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also interested in building up the entire engine. The engine I have now has 130K on it but it's highway miles, it runs great no problems and all that but I would like to get a really solid, strong, reliable engine as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your best option is to pull the A3 out, sell it and slip in a K20A2 w/6spd and ECU. That was the best mod I did with my EP3.
That was my original plan but it is quite pricey, and then to turbo it from there and get a good legit tune I'd be looking at another 4 grand most likely.

So about 4500 for the swap and 4000 for the turbo and tune and all that, I'd be looking at 8k+

But, I believe I can build the block and everything for that kind of money, what would be better?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not too interested in doing an NA setup, I plan on definitely boosting it, but I also want this car to be pretty practical and my daily driver.

I know not every 2 cars are the same, but I am looking for someone else who has either boosted the a3 or swapped an a2 and what else they did with it and what they're putting down to get a rough idea then go from there.

I understand I have high mileage on my engine, but does anyone know what I could get for my entire a3 swap? If I could get a decent little bit I might actually just follow through with my original plan of doing the a2 swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts