Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my very first post became a member today...well all the swaps I see are of the k20a or k20a2 but I want to swap the k20a3 out of my ep3 into a 89 si hb what would I need to do...I mean I would have no idea where to start and the a2 into the ep3 was simple,well help was alot easyer to find well thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Swapping a K20a3 engine from the Civic Si or Base RSX would be the same procedure as the A or A2 engine.The ECU and Main harness plugs have the same pinout as the A and A2 engines(Minus a few pins such as reverse lockout solenoid on the 6 speeds and dual runner intake manifold control of the base rsx etc..).The wiring woul be very similar and an aftermarket adaptor harness made for an R or S would work for the A3 harness,
The mount brackets are the same,so you would use the same mount kit,the transmission gear select levers are the same,so you can use the same linkage..Im not 100% sure about the civic si intermediate shaft though,but thats a quick enough fix using a type s shaft.

Welcome to the Site! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.