Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup K-Series enthusiasts...

My father wants to swap out the LS motor in his Integra for either a Type-R (B18C5) or a complete K20A3 with a Greddy Turbo Kit... The Type-R swap is quoted at $5000, and the K20A3 Turbo swap is quoted around $7000... I want to know what you guys think about the deal...
Also, would you guys swap in a K20A3? Because according to the other forums i've read, it seems like the K20A or A2 is the best way to go... I'd appreciate your replies! Thanks!

-Dj

·
Registered
285 Posts
that sounds too much for the k20a3. you can buy a k20a2, which should be stronger and has a better vtec system, and add a turbo kit for about the same price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? the $7000 is for a complete install...
- k20a3 motor with everything
- ecu
- shift linkage
- axles
- transmission
- etc.
- greddy turbo kit --- not sure on specs
- hasport engine mounts
- labor

what do u guys think?

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts
bukbukintegra said:
Wassup K-Series enthusiasts...

My father wants to swap out the LS motor in his Integra for either a Type-R (B18C5) or a complete K20A3 with a Greddy Turbo Kit...
your father??? dam that's coo... 7g's not for the k20a3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The engine/transmission + install + full turbo kit + install is a fair deal at 7k. If you want high tq and hp that is the way to go. If you want more reliable and usuable n/a power, obviously go for the k20a or b18c5. Swapping a stock k20a is going to cost at least 7k once it's driving down the road which is 210fwhp [assuming bolt-ons/tuning] compared to 275+/-fwhp on the k20a3-T on a conservative tune. Either way is a good choice, depends on your goals!

Now that I've thought about it, why doesn't your father just turbo the b18c if he's considering the k20a3-T? You could have a monster :D LS turbo including rebuild for WELL under 7k.

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
you have a cool dad, good luck gettin stuff to hawaii though man. try password jdm or a big shop in cali like them, i dunno who will ship it, the thing is it will cost you a ton to ship it there, i think most places will do it. good luck with it. it seems you should just be patient and wait til you find a totaled rsx-s out there and get the motor :up: :up:

·
Registered
22 Posts
man get the k20a2 , i got the k20a3 in my 04 si amd im trying like crazy to convert it to a k20a2 or swap it. Its a good motor but the k20a2 come with 40 moe hp stock and more toure pluse if you but the whole swap you get a 6 speed instead of 5. Good luck should be fun.

Ya know you might be able to boost higher with the k3 becasue it have lowwer compreshion, but id stick with the k2.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Pm me for shipping rates and I'll see if I can help you out.

The A3 is a waste of time IMO as well.

OH, and I envy you. I wish I could see some interest from my dad rather than constant negativity towards my project. "Just go back to normal" :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
litterbox said:
Pm me for shipping rates and I'll see if I can help you out.

The A3 is a waste of time IMO as well.

OH, and I envy you. I wish I could see some interest from my dad rather than constant negativity towards my project.
i feel u. but its helping me finish...its great proving doubters wrong

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Do you get 91 or 93 in Hawaii ?
Personally the B18C5 is alot fun with a Jackson Racing Supercharger and can be tuned with Hondata. Also comes with stock LSD. The K20A3 with Greddy is gobbs of power, but you have to push the piss out it get into the powerband, then you only get max performance for a very short amount of time. The k20A3 needs more revs for a turbos powerband. The B18c5 loves
8750 rpm shifts, but with a supercharger in a lightbody Integra bye,bye. :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.