Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my friend has a 2004 RSX base model with a K20A3 in it... i know about its short coming of being a 12valve engine untill vtec kicks in a 2200 rpm but what can be done to get this engine to make any power? so far he has an AEM short ram intake, port/polised/bored Throttle body, and a 2 1/2 inch crush bent(i know it needs to be mandrel) exhaust with a Apex't N1 muffler. its also got Skunk2 Lowering springs and he stripped out the interior from the back seat back.He wants to do a Type R head swap from a A2. what all would be invovled in doing this? what parts are needed?how much would it cost if we did it? a shop?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
599 Posts
Dude29662 said:
... i know about its short coming of being a 12valve engine untill vtec kicks in a 2200 rpm...
Stop saying that people, all the valves open. Even before VTEC.

Your next modification should be a K-pro. It will serve you well with all ther rest of the improvements you may wind up doing.

brian g

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i though k-pro was for highly modified engines... such as boosting or extreme N/A? would it be wise to do a K20A2 Head swap on this? how long would it take. i also know that all the valves open but the other valve obly opens enough to keep fuel from pooling up on the valve. its only becomes functional after 2200rpm thats why i said it doesnt open 'till then.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Dude29662 said:
i though k-pro was for highly modified engines... such as boosting or extreme N/A? would it be wise to do a K20A2 Head swap on this? how long would it take. i also know that all the valves open but the other valve obly opens enough to keep fuel from pooling up on the valve. its only becomes functional after 2200rpm thats why i said it doesnt open 'till then.
The K-pro will help you pick up some more power out of the current engine. Then once you do the head swap you can actually take advantage of it.

I believe the valve opens enough to aid in the swirling of the intake charge and increase emissions and economy. Not just keep fuel from pooling.

brian g

1 - 4 of 4 Posts