Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, at the beggining I just want to greet everyone... I just signed up today, very useful forums, I'm trying to learn as much as possible on the K-series.

I was wondering if anyone knows a website where I can get all the technical specs of all Kseries motors, like compression, bore, stroke and all the fun stuff.

Finally, my friends 02 Si is being serviced at the dealership right now, seems that his fuel pump gave up, the mechanic told him not to run 93 octane. Here we have available 87, 89 and 93 octane fuel.

I was wondering what fuel do you guys run in your K20A3 ?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
First off welcome to k20a.org!

All the technical stuff can be found at honda and acura's websites.

Why would he say not to run 93 octane? That would not cause a fuel pump to go bad. Was the car sitting for a long time? Or did he run the tank too dry? These things cause fuel pumps to go bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, he was daily driving the car, never on empty either.

He did have VAFC installed for a while, but did not touch any settings since the car was stock.

The car just started running weird one day, we took off the VAFC, didnt help, car would bog, sudenly die out, had trouble starting.

He finally took it to the dealer, the car shut off right before Honda's doors, we pushed it inside. Two days later he got the call about falty fuel pump.

God bless the warranty. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.