Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,718 Posts
Welcome to K20a.org @Mlcook96.

My cams are worn out on my k20a3, does anybody know if any other cam will be a direct replacement?
Normally the cams are not the only thing getting worn. Could you please do a picture of the cam lobes, roller rockers and valve shaft tips? Did you see any oil pressure related issue of any mal function of VTEC or VTC?

I would by used OEM K20A3 cams, which have no signs of wear. Any aftermarket or other ECO-engine cam from K20A4/A6/A7/A9 can have a bit different lobe profile as those were of maybe different emission levels, VTEC switch points and applications. If you have no tuning option, you should just search for the K20A3 camshafts. As recommended used ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I bought the car recently and some of the cam caps were missing bolts, so it let the cam move around and trashed the camshaft journals. That’s why I’m looking at trying to find used camshafts. But they have been really hard to find.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,718 Posts
Well I bought the car recently and some of the cam caps were missing bolts, so it let the cam move around and trashed the camshaft journals. That’s why I’m looking at trying to find used camshafts.
Wow, sorry to read this. In that case pictures of the cam bearings, cam cabs, roller rockers and valve shaft tips are very important to decide what else you need.

Just an assumption, but when the camshaft had too much place to move around there is a high likelihood of worn out cabs and rockers too. In that case maybe going to an junkyard and buy there a K20A3 head would be a good solution to match the best parts of both in one head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already have replacement rocker assembly just having a hard time sourcing stock cams
Wow, sorry to read this. In that case pictures of the cam bearings, cam cabs, roller rockers and valve shaft tips are very important to decide what else you need.

Just an assumption, but when the camshaft had too much place to move around there is a high likelihood of worn out cabs and rockers too. In that case maybe going to an junkyard and buy there a K20A3 head would be a good solution to match the best parts of both in one head.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,718 Posts
I already have replacement rocker assembly just having a hard time sourcing stock cams
Ok, fine. The K20A3 isn't very popular in your region you live at? The smaller RSX engine is a K20A3 engine. Junkyards may have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts