Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I have been reading alot about all these motors and have never had anyone say if they had built up a k20a3.YOu know sleeves pistones k20head stuff like that. sure would be interesting to know what you can get out of that bottom end.Do you guys think it would work good or no?

·
Registered
363 Posts
remyrounds said:
I have a question. I have been reading alot about all these motors and have never had anyone say if they had built up a k20a3.YOu know sleeves pistones k20head stuff like that. sure would be interesting to know what you can get out of that bottom end.Do you guys think it would work good or no?
Because its a loss of money for nothing to build up this engines.You will need a better crank,Piston compression 11:5 + , customs rods,valve train up to 8 000 rpm, too many things for nothin. You better got a Whole Type-s Engines for 3000 $

·
Registered
81 Posts
whats all this talk about lesser strength cranks in the k20a3s as far as i know all honda cranks are forged and most weakness crap concerning other engines such as the b20a5, etc. are a myth anyway. i ve read it on more than one occasion i just wondered where this information came from

·
Registered
5 Posts
civdx94 said:
whats all this talk about lesser strength cranks in the k20a3s as far as i know all honda cranks are forged and most weakness crap concerning other engines such as the b20a5, etc. are a myth anyway. i ve read it on more than one occasion i just wondered where this information came from
Still, pointless to build a K20A3 for N/A use. Now a turbo setup on the other hand would be better or at least worth it.

·
Banned
1,180 Posts
112480 said:
Still, pointless to build a K20A3 for N/A use. Now a turbo setup on the other hand would be better or at least worth it.
I forgot I had that user name.(112480)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
greddy and skunk2 both openly called the k20a3 crank weak when they were building up their cars for the civic si challenge

honestly, its more cost efficient to buy a new motor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.