Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car temp was getting up to 224 degrees.

What is the average temp for a k20a2 to run?

224 just seemed very high.

I connected heater hoses so I could have heat. Also it threw a check engine light after I was driving it hard. Didnt have laptop connected so didnt know what code it was.

Does the check engine light come on at a certain temp? If so what is it.

Sorry for so many question I just dont want my car dead.... again.

Thanks in advance to all you k series guru's. <3

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
yeah anything over 220 is overheating... your fan coming on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my fan is working, I just hooked up the heater hoses (for heat) and for some reason it is like not flowing or something.

Im so over kseries. fu honda :(

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
you could have air in your water system.
jack up the car and bleed the cooling system with the front end lifted so the outlet water neck in the head is higher than the radiator. let it idle for a while & squeeze the upper hose with the cap open & that should take that little bit of air out of your cooling system.
hope that works for you. if anything try a new radiator cap too.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
^^^or a new radiator? Are you using a half sized radiator? If so, A dual core full sized radiator should help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you could have air in your water system.
jack up the car and bleed the cooling system with the front end lifted so the outlet water neck in the head is higher than the radiator. let it idle for a while & squeeze the upper hose with the cap open & that should take that little bit of air out of your cooling system.
hope that works for you. if anything try a new radiator cap too.
I think it has to do with the heater hose. I posted in the other section.

I already added more coolant. Its just a weird bend or something for the heater hose. From the head to the valve part (where you connect to theater hose too). It has has to flow UPWARDS to get there. I think thats the issue. Not sure how to resolve it. What I am going to do is reconnect the hose how it was. See if that fixes the overheating problem. If it does we know the culprit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts