Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I remeber hearing that the K20A2 was updated and fitted with bottom end oil squitters and upgraded valve springs. Is there anyway to determine (via engine code etc) whether or not an engine is the updated version? Is this a year specific thing? 2002 vs 2003?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Atriot said:
Ok so I remeber hearing that the K20A2 was updated and fitted with bottom end oil squitters and upgraded valve springs. Is there anyway to determine (via engine code etc) whether or not an engine is the updated version? Is this a year specific thing? 2002 vs 2003?
K-series blocks like the k24 has provisions for oil squirters.
The engine code wont change because of that.

Similar thing like that is the Neon.
The Neon SRT-4 has bigger injectors on the 03 than the 02. Codes won't change for that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt literally mean engine code (sorry about the sloppy semantics), i was just inquiring about stamping marks etc something of that nature.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Atriot said:
I didnt literally mean engine code (sorry about the sloppy semantics), i was just inquiring about stamping marks etc something of that nature.
Understood now for that I don't know, I have an 02 motor.

But I'am guessing you want a stronger valve train because there are issues about people downshifting by accident and (Phocking) there motors up?

I say its there driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
basically Type S and base model block is the same. Difference is the head and things that affect compression (pistons, etc).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts