Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

I have a 05 coupe and im trying to see what are my obsticales of putting in a k20 motor in it. im just starting to do research on it and i want to know if anyone has done it or knows what needs to be done. Im also going to be swapping to a 5 lug conversion so i know my hubs will be the same as the type s so i dont think ill have to change the axles (obviously using the rsx axles) another thing is what about the ignition since i have a chip in my key what are ways of fixing the problem??
anything else i mean fitting the motor in what mount kit what headers everything i honestly have no clue if you guys can help me out i would really appreciate it. thank you
Alex

·
Registered
22 Posts
the chip in the key can be fixed at the honda/acura dealer. you just have to take it in and have them run the VIN so they know the motor isn't stolen. i would probably bring the recipt from buying the motor too.
as for the header, i would assume you'd want to use the stock rsx-s header or an aftermarket one designed for the k20. you'll probably have to have a muffler shop custom bend the piping to fit your vehicle to line up with the catback. hasport makes the best motor mount kits right now for your car.

i'm sure this topic has been covered a bunch on here or on 7thgencivic.com
try searching both forums.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.