Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo Hey guys I’m kinda new to this site, so my apologies in advance if I dont do this correctly
I have a k20a2 rsx type s and Im planning to go supercharged with it soon.
I was wondering if I should slightly semi build my top end.
what do you guys recommend?

K20A2
4-1 Header Ktuned
K Pro 3 Ecu
Cold Air Intake Aem
RBC oem Intake Manifold
3” catback with Vibrant Muffler
RDX injectors 410cc
70mm Throttle body spacer

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is your goal? Do you want to keep AC ? ABS? PS ?
What fuel do you want to run primarily?

For 350whp or so, a JRSC is pretty simple and easy.
If you want more then a rotrex kit will get you safely into the 400-500whp range depending on C38(R)-91&92 or a C30 blower (Kraftwerks for reference)
A great option if you like the rotrex kits. But want to keep your AC and Daily drive status, plus no belt slip... look up TTS out of the UK, they make a C38-92 kit with a shaft drive that allows you to keep your hydro PS and AirCon, and will get you well in the mid 400s power wise on a stock motor.
Should none of this sound like "enough", and you're set on a blower vs. Turbo, call MercRacing and smack a TVS1900 or TVS2300 onto it, but be warned, TwinScrews make some trans shattering torque, and you'll need to do some mild fab work. You can also go air to air or an integrated Air to water IC which is pretty sweet.

Shaft Driven C38 Rotrex Kit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If you want more then a rotrex kit will get you safely into the 400-500whp range depending on C38(R)-91&92 or a C30 blower (Kraftwerks for reference)
A great option if you like the rotrex kits. But want to keep your AC and Daily drive status, plus no belt slip... look up TTS out of the UK, they make a C38-92 kit with a shaft drive that allows you to keep your hydro PS and AirCon, and will get you well in the mid 400s power wise on a stock motor.
Should none of this sound like "enough", and you're set on a blower vs. Turbo, call MercRacing and smack a TVS1900 or TVS2300 onto it, but be warned, TwinScrews make some trans shattering torque, and you'll need to do some mild fab work. You can also go air to air or an integrated Air to water IC which is pretty sweet. View attachment 102421 View attachment 102422

Should none of this sound like "enough", and you're set on a blower vs. Turbo, call MercRacing and smack a TVS1900 or TVS2300 onto it, but be warned, TwinScrews make some trans shattering torque, and you'll need to do some mild fab work. You can also go air to air or an integrated Air to water IC which is pretty sweet. View attachment 102421 View attachment 102422

So basically I got no PS,no abs, AC
Running a returnless ktuned fuel system with a walbro fuel pump

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you ever driven a 300-400 hp light car, the numbers may not say much to you but it faster than you may think. skip the spacer, rbc why, supercharger replaces it, 410s, thats small for that power level, siemens is the way to go, header get a plm race header, with cai's i prefer Injen but aem is ok.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
Have you ever driven a 300-400 hp light car, the numbers may not say much to you but it faster than you may think.
The 400 hp in a Lotus Elise with 730 kg are demanding a weapon license 😉. Mine will have 310 flwhp, definitely something with smile integration 😁.

...410s, thats small for that power level...
Definitely agreed. The RDX are at 90 % duty cycle with 300 NA'd hp. With 300 SC'd hp they way out maxed, because they need about 50 hp to run that blower. You need about 650 ccm injectors for the 400 hp level with an CC and gasoline.

·
Registered
293 Posts
just throw in Injector dynamics ID1050x.
This give you enough headroom in the horsepower race and some extra flow shall you use e85.
Both Doctronic and Hondata support the Continental Flexfuel sensor, so you can get with fuels in any ratio once mapped.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those MercRacing twin screw units are heavy af. Do they come with a brace in the kit....? If not ding ding ding time to make that part for just that need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts