Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I have a big problems with my k20. I swap it in a EM2. And the engine is %#$%? rich. Stay at 500 rpm and choke. But when the fuel rail is empty, it start well for 2 seconde.

Item I verified...

Injector... Shoot and working well
Coils... Seen to work well
Spark plug... 4 brand new one
Coils wire... Everything is allright

I have the code 41 (AF sensor malfunction, heater malfunction or stuck lean)
and 20 ELD low/high voltage (The canadian civic didn't have a ELD) and its appear to be useless...

I don't have the good AF sensor, I have a civic 2000 Dx one but manybody (usually work on B serie engine) say this can't be this. I also maybe switched 2 wire of the AF sensor when I plug it. I'll get a RSX t-S one monday and verify if the code is my sensor or my wiring.

Somebody here can help me or sudgest me some thing to check.

Thank in advance

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wrong O2 sensor for a start - you need a K20 O2 sensor. But the car should start and run without any O2 sensor. I would imagine it's ignoring the input from the sensor you have installed and is running in open loop. This should not be a problem if the map is half decent. Sounds like you have other problems as well...

·
Registered
414 Posts
What fuel system setup are you running and how much fuel pressure is it set to?(Im guessing stock)

What ecu is it running off of?

I have started a few K swaps on the stock,open type s exhaust manifold..no o2 sensors at all,and it ran well enough(no vtec)...

Try unhooking the o2 sensors...if youre running on a type s or R ecu,you will need two o2 sensors...this could be a problem..?

The eld shouldnt be a big problem,but even though the canadian civic didnt have eld,the ecu would still look for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.