Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning a k swap this spring, but dont know which motor to buy.
im only planning to spend around 6 g's or so for everything. which motor swap would be the best for me money and power wise.
thanks

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
Did anyone ever come out with a mount kit that allows you to use the k24a2 transmission? A $6k budget will make the swap very difficult regardless of which swap you do. Take some time and come up with a pricelist so that you can know what to expect.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea my goals are to have a high 12sec daily drive car. for the swap besides the motor what else would i need to get? im a newbie..:wow:
thanks

·
Went to the Dark Side
5,173 Posts
well that dpends on what chassis you have for the swap

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'll be a 94 civic 4dr, yes ill be a tab bit heavier but im hoping with i/h/e and kpro ill reach my goal, again i'll be my daily driven car. im leaning towards the k24a2 cause of the Torque but i want a high reving car. again im pretty much a newbie. :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
i'll be a 94 civic 4dr, yes ill be a tab bit heavier but im hoping with i/h/e and kpro ill reach my goal, again i'll be my daily driven car. im leaning towards the k24a2 cause of the Torque but i want a high reving car. again im pretty much a newbie. :D
People look for a high revving engine, but they should look for an engine that produces power at the range that it will be used, a K24a2 in stock trim, will only produce power from what I have seen to 7500 to 7600 rpm and that it's very good, if you mod the Intake Cam gear, and install a K20a2 oil pump you can rev it around 8100 to 8200 and you will produce power until about 7900 rpm, which it's very good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where is the redline for the k24a2? i was thinking of doing a k24a2 w/k20a2 tranny. other than the cost of the motor how much money would i be spending on parts to install? example mounts,wiring harness, ect..

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
where is the redline for the k24a2? i was thinking of doing a k24a2 w/k20a2 tranny. other than the cost of the motor how much money would i be spending on parts to install? example mounts,wiring harness, ect..
All depends on what parts you use. Some companies parts are less expensive than others, but you generally get what you pay for.
There is a sticky in the EG/EK/DC section with a parts list, I would check that out.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
to get to your goals, the k24a2 will be perfect for the job. and great for that chasiss that you're planning to do the swap on. like alot of others on this thread have said. a modified k20a2 vtc, k20a2 oil pump, and you should be a happy camper until you start wanting to be faster than high 12's...:p:p

·
Registered
429 Posts
what model 4dr?? my boys dx 4 dr actually weighed less than another buddy's Eg SI hatch by a few hundred lbs.... good driving ability and a good setup could net you 11's easily

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i think im going to stick with the k24a2 sounds kind of stupid but would the miles matter? yea lower the better but ive found tsx motors with 75xxx- 80xxx miles for only 2 grand or so. and would i be needing to get a crv mount?

·
Registered
457 Posts
yea i think im going to stick with the k24a2 sounds kind of stupid but would the miles matter? yea lower the better but ive found tsx motors with 75xxx- 80xxx miles for only 2 grand or so. and would i be needing to get a crv mount?
yes, you'll need the passenger side crv mount. i forgot the part number for it :confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts