Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a similar post, but im having a tough decision, because im getting my crx race ready for this season, no i know with the k20a2 you can use the wiring harness, and the ecu, and im still trying to find out whether the k20a2 has a 4.3 final or a 4.7 final? now if i get a k24a2 i get a automatic wiring harness which i can convert myself, and a get a auto tsx ecu<----can hondata program the ecu to a manual?not to sure but i have i feeling they can. not unless RSX ecu are a dime a dozen who sell them. and the tsx tranny has a 4.7 final correct me if im wrong.Either i get a k20a or k24 i will be using ITB's so the drive by wire issue with k24 does not bother me. im leaning towards a k24 because of the power potential. any other issue i should be aware of with the k24? please have details TIA. -ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
I-VTECRX said:
Ive seen a similar post, but im having a tough decision, because im getting my crx race ready for this season, no i know with the k20a2 you can use the wiring harness, and the ecu, and im still trying to find out whether the k20a2 has a 4.3 final or a 4.7 final? now if i get a k24a2 i get a automatic wiring harness which i can convert myself, and a get a auto tsx ecu<----can hondata program the ecu to a manual?not to sure but i have i feeling they can. not unless RSX ecu are a dime a dozen who sell them. and the tsx tranny has a 4.7 final correct me if im wrong.Either i get a k20a or k24 i will be using ITB's so the drive by wire issue with k24 does not bother me. im leaning towards a k24 because of the power potential. any other issue i should be aware of with the k24? please have details TIA. -ron
go here and select the tranny guide. the tsx final drive is 4.76
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/articles.html

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
RuffRhyno said:
It won't as of yet, but supposedly Hasport, and I'm not sure about Hybrid-Racing, are working on a mount that will incorporate the TSX trans.
I know for a fact that Hybrid is working on TSX tranny mounts into the EK, EG/DC, and the EK with the EG rear crossmember. Does Hybrid even make EF mounts?

I know they are making them because they have my tranny... :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive already made my decision, i got a k20a2 last month, i just need the shifter cables and shifter box, is there anybody with the hasport mounts having any problems with shift cables lenghts or shifter box mounting issues? and for sure going with the AEM EMS system for my k20. Thanks for the info guys greatly appreciated.

p.s. does anyone have K20 immediate shaft, shifter cables or shifter box?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to drop a K24A2 in my CRX Si. I just need to find a good place to pick one up. I also plan on airbags so is will make the ride smoother and make it handle better at the same time. I would like to use TSX gauges because they are a well done set of analog gauges. Any way once you do the normal mods (intake, exhaust, CAI, ECU, exct...) it should put you at least 250Hp and 200lb ft of torque. When you step back and look at it, that is pretty good specs for a N/A 2.4L 4Cyl.

·
Registered
47 Posts
digitalRSX said:
I want to drop a K24A2 in my CRX Si. I just need to find a good place to pick one up. I also plan on airbags so is will make the ride smoother and make it handle better at the same time. I would like to use TSX gauges because they are a well done set of analog gauges. Any way once you do the normal mods (intake, exhaust, CAI, ECU, exct...) it should put you at least 250Hp and 200lb ft of torque. When you step back and look at it, that is pretty good specs for a N/A 2.4L 4Cyl.
Nikos had a bunch... Send him a PM and see if he has any... I think they were lik 2000 shipped... Not sure tho....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.