Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, had this elsewhere and not getting any replies, I am going to shoehorn one into a 1991 3G'lude. The wreckers that sold me the K20A2 engine and box swap setup from interstate, must have missed the 2 or 3 in front of the 72,000k's it was supposed to have done, being forced by Mastercard to take it back at his cost, else they will do CCR, reverse the whole amount, makes you feel good when you get the upper hand back. Anyhow, he now wants to make a deal to ensure I keep his engine. It means I will have to pull it down and probably rebuild. Due to being a high Kilometer engine, it came out of a 2001 ITR and has been sitting for a while as well. It appears to have 1 burnt/arcing coil. Compression feels good, though I haven't run a comp. check yet. Original price was $4250 with box, ecu, immobiliser module, key etc. I am going to offer $2750. Also with the K20A2 the comp, ports have been open, as well as the pwr str pump, etc, whilst sitting.
Or should I use the K20Z4, out of the 2008 CTR I picked up for a very good price, 143,000k's, the owner parked it on it's roof. I know it runs and drives well, and everything incl air, still works, apart from handling,(that's from standard though) is clean, will need more mods though.
Can I use the Y2M3 box on the K20A2, 5.09 Fd ratio seems a bit short. From what I have been able to find the boxes Y2M3 & SPWM don't interchange. Also, manifolds, RBB, RBC, RCC........, which, one should I keep?
Sorry about all the questions, my head is pinning at the mo. Need to make a decision quickly?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
the k20z4 has an RSP cylinder head which is the best k series honda head you can slap on those engines besides getting a truly ported head.

RBC is best bet on a k20 as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the k20z4 has an RSP cylinder head which is the best k series honda head you can slap on those engines besides getting a truly ported head.
G'day, thanks for that, the sort of info I needed. Am I reading correctly that when running a compression check on of these, Z4, that is should be 324 PSI??
RBC is best bet on a k20 as well.
Not having the Z4 in my possession yet, no space at home, currently have 3 3G 'ludes, one I am rebuilding , again,:thud: eldest daughters!! Plus an 08 EURO (TSX), and had to put my other 3G into storage. The Z4 is in an OZ delivered 2008 CTR, I believe it is the RBC, would you know if this is correct?

Cheers Rusty

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Not having the Z4 in my possession yet, no space at home, currently have 3 3G 'ludes, one I am rebuilding , again,:thud: eldest daughters!! Plus an 08 EURO (TSX), and had to put my other 3G into storage. The Z4 is in an OZ delivered 2008 CTR, I believe it is the RBC, would you know if this is correct?

Cheers Rusty
I would expect it to have an RSP manifold on it, which is a funky thing that looks similar to the PRB but functions better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts