Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is the oil pump flow in gpm?
I am trying to desing an oil cooler and need to know what is the oil flow.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I dont have my Helms here, but it is in the specs portion IIRC.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It is towards the front of the helms in the engine specs.

It is the second section, SPECIFICATIONS, under design specifications, Item Engine, and it is the oil pump displacement.

I dont have my RSX manual here at home but I do have a TSX Helms manual right here and it states at 6300 rpm 54.3L or 57.4 US qt per minute, just for infos sake.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It is the second section, SPECIFICATIONS, under design specifications, Item Engine, and it is the oil pump displacement.

I dont have my RSX manual here at home but I do have a TSX Helms manual right here and it states at 6300 rpm 54.3L or 57.4 US qt per minute, just for infos sake.

Very useful. thanks!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

I just checked my rsx helms and it lists the type s at 57.4 us qt per minute at 6k rpm's also

do the math and it makes it 14.35 gpm

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,355 Posts
...but I do have a TSX Helms manual right here and it states at 6300 rpm 54.3L or 57.4 US qt per minute...
...type s at 57.4 us qt per minute at 6k rpm's...
I assume this is flow flux at zero pressure drop for testing purposes. Otherwise even the Laminova C43-331 would be to small for the K20A2 engine. My reference is, V8 racers looking for 8-12 GPM (30-48 l/min) of oil flow for their engines. Does anyone know more about this? I would appreciate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts