Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my k20a2 oil pan has a hairline crack in it so its dripping abit of oil, I'm looking for replace it. My mechanic quotes me $290 for a new type s pan from Acura but mentioned that a $180 k24a2 tsx pan may work aswell, hes unsure.

I'm wondering if the k20z pan will work too, I haven't ask him to provide me with a quote on that.

My question is will a k24a2 or k20z oil pan fit and work without any issue on a k20a2? :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine did same thing. Just put 03 accord (k24a4) pan on mine and works perfect. It was only like $46 from honda. It doesnt bolt to the tranny and leaves a spot for a dust cover, but no problems at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the link, its not easy finding information on this. Unfortunetly the post didn't answer my questions with regards to running a k24a2 or k20z oil pan on a k20a2 - the dipstick info was useful though.

In your post you noted what I suspected:

"The reason I wanted to use this pan as opposed to the Accord pan is because the K20A and K20A2 pans (not sure about the K20A3 or K24A2) are designed for the K20A/2 oil pump, have minor sump walls near the oil pump pickup, and also an oil scraper type edge designed to fit around the A2 pump gear."

Thats why I don't want to run a k24a4 oil pan and I'm looking at k24a2 and k20z.

bump for info, I have a day off on friday and want to get this fixed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^I rather do it properly and just get a new oil pan, $250 taxes in for a 06 si oil pan.

can anyone confirm that the k24a2 and k20z pans will work on a k20a2 without issue??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts