Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been struggling for 2 months now on the motor. Just trying to see if anyone could help since I can't seem to find the issue. The motor is recently rebuilt with new / aftermarket parts. I'm also currently working with my tuner (e-tuned) so I can at least drive it for now to break in the motor.

During cold start, it occasionally dies and I need to give it throttle so the idle doesn't drop. Once it warms up the idle starts surging and I would hear a random / intermittent "tick" sound. The sound happens only when the idle drops from 1000 rpm to 300 rpm.

When I drive the car in first gear the car is hesitant and bogs but once I get to around 2000-3000 rpm, it drives smooth. Also, I datalogged my KPro, the MAP reading is very odd. It shows 90-95 Kpa during idle. Is the normal reading should be 25-30 Kpa during idle? I have a 4 Piston 156v2 cylinder head, Ported Skunk2 Manifold, Skunk2 74MM TB and DC 2.2 cams, not sure if that makes a difference to the map reading.

The diagnosis that I have done so far:
  • Removed and cleaned IACV
  • Calibrated the TPS manually and in KPro
  • Checked for vacuum leak
  • replaced Map sensor
  • Inspected the cylinder head to check for valve adjustment and timing
  • Checked fuel pressure
  • Checked oil pressure
  • No CEL Code
I have used the search function and trying to search for answers, but nothing. Any insight at this point would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I have a datalog if anyone interested in looking at it.

DataLog Idle

Something I noticed is that the Map sensor reading very low pressure at idle and also the Injectors dead time is off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts