Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figure out what swap would be good to put into my eg coupe. I have about 5k saved up and figure that I could buy one of these; an ITR with some headwork and cams, an h22 turbo or a k20a2. I know enough about b-series n/a motors, but have not messed with an h22 or k-series yet. I have read that supafly has a good step by step instruction manual for k-series swaps and have pm'd him about attaining it. As of right now I have a b20vtec that's pretty built up, but I want something that can be ran at higher rpm without serious reliability issues or the necessity of being built from the ground up. I would appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

:wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RC000E said:
Everything you have written in this post is a direct indicator that the H22 in an EG is not for you. Your not going to get rev out of an H22 reliably because of the rod/stroke ratio. The H's make great power but the power is short lived due to the 7500rpm limit. Also, the axle issues your gonna have are going to compromise your liking for this swap. If you only want straight line its not bad, but turning at speed will be a problem, the axle will contact the inside of the damper fork or bind. I am not one of these people mouthing about something I have never owned either...if you want an eg hatch you can buy mine...its on ebay right now.. I built this car basically just to do it, and if you notice in the rear view pic of the hatch my crx under the tarp with the SiR front end, its the car that will receive the K20a I buy from selling this car :D
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2497628367&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT
Hehe, thanks. That hatch looks pretty clean, nice work. I did notice that your ebay auction does not show that there is a reserve? Is there one? If not maybe you should change that so you dont get short changed. Just a thought, thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lookalike_eh2 said:
if ur looking for a jdm spec r motor i got one for sale and it revs all the way up till 85 hundred and it comes with a bunch of extra stuff for the motor, complete swap....... with lots of goodies im me for more info if u are interested :)
Thanks, I pm'd you for the info.

All those who might still have some suggestions for me, please feel free to give it. I still have not completely made up my mind. So blabber away and help me spend my money. :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RC000E said:
Yeah, the hatch wasn't bad but H22's are problem swaps for sure. I see them as the DSM's of the Honda motor bunch...balancer shafts with problematic trannies. As far as the reserve goes...I have people watch the auction to be sure the bidding goes where I want it to...kind of manipulating the system but...hey it works. Honestly though, the car will sell before auctions end, I have about 20 offers on the car..one of them has to come through. If not I will just end the auction and that'll be that. I will just have to put it in Auto Trader or something. H22's are pretty mean motors, and torquey as all hell but the weight and axle issues just ruin the whole deal. All I know is I wish someone would buy this damn thing so I can buy my K20a for that little beasty CRX I got waitin.
Heh, soundz good. Well your arguments are well taken. I didnt realize that h22 had such bad rod length to stroke ratios. I guess I just assumed that a "performance" stock honda engine would be better balanced than b-series frank setups. Dumb me huh? So I guess my decision is down to itr or k20a/k20a2. Lookalike msg'd me and his itr swap looks pretty sick. I dont think 5k would be enough for a complete k20a (at least on ebay it's not), I have to check local wrecking yards for a k20a and c if the 5g's will be enough to cover everything. If not then the battle is between k20a2 and lookalike's itr swap. ^_^ Thanks for the comments man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CJM said:
go for a k20. there will be nothing but new technologically advanced parts comming out for it in the future. the B and H series are done with now. good luck with it
Yeah, I dont think b-series are done with, just more of classics now. ^_- But your probably right about the k-series aftermarket parts world blooming. Still that itr swap that lookalike has soundz siiiick, if it puts out the numbers he says it does then it sounds very nice. But that k20 looks so damn clean in that eg. It just gives me a chubby thinkin about it. Im still in the process of pricin' to see if k20a or k20a2 would be in my budget. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a decent price on a k20a swap?? I checked ebay, but they want 5k for the engine only. Anyway, maybe its just not in my buget. I hope that's not the case. Neway, thanks for any info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.