Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is deff a question that is asked alot but mine is a bit diffrent does anyone has a print out of the wireing of the k20a2 and the ef but i am not using k-pro i am useing aem ems and i am trying to do the wireing myself but need something to follow. also if anyone knows how to do the s2k cluster please reply asap i have read the posts on here about it but i need an in depth on these things i am not very good with the in general thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
I gotta say man, if your approaching wiring an entire car and don't have the ability to look at diagrams and figure it out, your in for trouble. Noone is going to come along and give a detailed explanation of what to do with every wire. Time to get some Helm's manuals and do some research bro. That's how we all do it in order to sustain on our own. The pre-made harnesses are gonna be your best bet for easing the difficulty...that's your options.

·
Registered
414 Posts
http://www.hondata.com/images/k20awiring.gif

Than you will need the service manual/electronic trouble shooting manual for the chassis.You will need a test light and a voltage/continuity tester.These will work fine even without the service manual/etm.For the cluster,you can run wires straight to it.For power/ground,you will need the test light.Switched and constant 12v are easy to find with the test light.and for the starter wire,use the thick blk/ylw wire on the 88-91 chassis,best place I could tell you to look for this is under drivers side dash,near fuse box.

If you search around on here,you will find the s2000 cluster pinout.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the s2000 pinout i found, but is that all thats necessary? just wire up and you're good to go? i heard how the pulse rates aren't similar, and a black box was designed or something of the sort? I'm very interested in this idea, are there any other digital clusters that could wire up? i've seen mugen have its own prototype digital cluster for their civic type r, and i've seen a few different cars with rare cluster setups...

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts