Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick question. Im curious about who's completed an EG K20A and for what total price..

Is it possible to do the complete swap including things like K-Pro, I/H/E (maybe AEM Intake, dtr headers) onto an EG (not including the cost of the EG itself) for $10k or maybe even less?

Also, this is considering that all the work would be done yourself.

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, I am looking to put a k series in my 04 civic. I am going to boost it as well. What is the best series motor to put in it. Which one is the type s motor? Also, does anyone have any idea about what this is gonna cost? I figure somewhere around 10000. I hope to build the motor as well and get around 500 hp. Would be grateful for any help

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
eg racer said:
how do you guys get it soo cheap?? is it the engine that was cheap or tha parts? axles, mount ecu etc??
You just have to look for the deals... :dance:

watch e-bay and try and buy as many good condition used parts as you can. most of these motors are new so most used parts should not have been used for to long...

and sometimes when you buy a bunch of stuff at once you get a little break... :D (mounts, axles, harness, etc)

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
litterbox said:
The best thing to do when you want a K swap is to set out a sizable amount of time for collecting parts.
It's been about six months for me now...

To bad I blew my single cam befor I started collecting parts... :eek:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
jon v said:
It's been about six months for me now...

To bad I blew my single cam befor I started collecting parts... :eek:
Same damn thing happened to me. I blew my d15 and had to rush on 3/4 of the parts to get my DD running. I prob spent 2grand more because I had to rush to get parts. And my car still isn't running.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Key to saving money... Don't be in a hurry! Plan your purchases!

I have had deals were I bought something and got a bunch of stuff for free. For example, I bought an intake manifold for my future K24 swap and with that, I got the EP3 pulley, brackets, etc... and engine harness for free. I once bought a K-series axle with intermediate shaft for 22 bux which I just swapped for B-outers. I didn't know how much they're worth at the time. It's all good though, I still saved money on getting the B-outers.

There are enough people doing the swap on here, setup a group buy with distributors too. Most of them are willing to do that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
just do your shopping and note all prices on stuff lilke, if you buy the aem fuel rail its $220 but if you buy the golden eagle one its only $100 but you can also use the stock type s o r type r one just with the regulator and lines and that comes with your motor $0.00,what i'm saying is research and note and you wont have to spend $10'000 on you swap.

·
Registered
140 Posts
u guys r full of it, my swap costs 10g and i did all the labor my self. swap 5500, mounts 600, harness conversion 350, axles 699, shifter cables 130, shifter box 130, aem fuel rail 125, fuel lines 150, fuel ragulator 200, headers 395, k pro 950, radiator 450, radiator hoses 30, thermal unit 25, clutch lines 150, throttle cable 150 and a few other misc thing, you must have stole the car to only pay 5 g for your swap.

·
Registered
174 Posts
these prices are with type s motors wich are around and can be done for that price if your talking type r then you will spend about $8k give or take also you dont have to buy k-pro just run a type r ecu,

type s swap in california legit between $2800 and $3500 and that includes shift cables box ecu.

i did a lot of researching before doing my swap thats why i only paid that much. sorry that you paid $10k.
but were not full off s#*t just took the time to plan ahead. :dance:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
k2wings said:
u guys r full of it, my swap costs 10g and i did all the labor my self. swap 5500, mounts 600, harness conversion 350, axles 699, shifter cables 130, shifter box 130, aem fuel rail 125, fuel lines 150, fuel ragulator 200, headers 395, k pro 950, radiator 450, radiator hoses 30, thermal unit 25, clutch lines 150, throttle cable 150 and a few other misc thing, you must have stole the car to only pay 5 g for your swap.
Thats what happens when you pay $260 for a shifter and cables, and $450 for a new radiator... :eek:

I have bought a couple things off of E-bay...

I got my ECU for $100, got a new RSX radiator for $130, and I've seen harness and stuff go for decent prices...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think its like everything else.. If you wanna have a kick ass K-series motor when you first crank it up then yes your spend 10k on the swap..

Here is my list and it doesnt come anywhere near 10k..

K20a2--------$3500---Complete with everything including shifter and cables.
Mounts-------$550
K-Pro---------$850
Fuel System---$300
Axles---------FREE big thanks to Niko's for the conversion..
Harness-------$350
Headers-------$1100----DTR
Radiator------$325--Koyo
Ep3 Pulley and Belt-----$225

Total---------$7250

So imagine if you went with a DC Sports Header, Stock Radiator, and JDM K20a ECU.. You could do it for less than 5k...
I sold my B18C1 swap for 3k installed so it was a no brainer to go K-series.. :dance:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MattSett said:
I think its like everything else.. If you wanna have a kick ass K-series motor when you first crank it up then yes your spend 10k on the swap..

Here is my list and it doesnt come anywhere near 10k..

K20a2--------$3500---Complete with everything including shifter and cables.
Mounts-------$350
K-Pro---------$850
Fuel System---$300
Axles---------FREE big thanks to Niko's for the conversion..
Harness-------$350
Headers-------$1100----DTR
Radiator------$325--Koyo
Ep3 Pulley and Belt-----$225

Total---------$7000

So imagine if you went with a DC Sports Header, Stock Radiator, and JDM K20a ECU.. You could do it for less than 5k...
I sold my B18C1 swap for 3k installed so it was a no brainer to go K-series.. :dance:
great prices. If thats your actual setup then u have done well :up: when im purchasing i might have to look on ebay etc and try find used parts where possible.. id pay $7000 for sure.. i was expecting for a similar setup to which u just typed to be around the 10k mark especially with dtr headers and k-pro, there not cheap..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.