r/t--- .203
60--- 2.621
1/8---10.042
1/4---15.176
mph---97.40

is it my driving or its a weak motor or both,
i was driving on 17" rims and hondata cold air.kal
untunned of course
i did notice my cooling fan didn't work and when i jump it , it still didn't run,and my engine temp. went to about 210 deg.. waiting in line.
my first run was 15.382 2nd- 15.441

any feedback apreciated

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had one swap run a 15.1 ..A k20a2 in a '93 cx.The guy was impatient and wanted to take it out..it was on the type r ecu and had no o2 sensors..so no vtec..

Sure you have no trouble codes?Maybe do a compression test.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm thinking it could be my throttle cable not fully open when my peddle is depressed i'm check that tomorrow and i need to fix that fan switch been driving like this for weeks and never notice it dont work cuase i'm always moving and never in a hot day with traffice yet

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Drop the 17 inch rims. Get some 15 inch.

Get better tires and improve 60ft times.

Make sure motor is working right.

You should be running around 13.5

You have K pro? What header?

·
Registered
739 Posts
on REAL street tires done expect to run faster than a 14, not some bfg drag radials blah blah. Im running 2.3 60's on real street tires. Mine is untuned as well and im running low 14's I'm getting slicks soon so I should be down in the 12-13's like everyone else. Your mph seems to be just a few off, my traps are 99-100mph.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have hondata and dc tsx header, also full interior, i needed more practicing also but was only to make 3 runs, had alot of domestic at the track with there muscle cars,.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Def. give it a comp test. you should at least be faster than 15.1 with what you have. At 97 that still isnt enough. My friend on street tires in his RSX ran 14.3 with a 99 Trap and he has the same mods as you but NOT in a hatch back but a car thatweighs 2900lbs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
what was your intake air temp? I notice mine pulling anywhere from 2-5 degrees of timing when air is above 100deg f. It made a big difference in my mph...like 2-3mph. Also, traction is very importnt to good time slips. A 4-5 tenth improvement in 60 foots will end up giving you somewhere in the neighborhod of 7-8tenths in the quarter.

·
Registered
565 Posts
at the end of the day the 60fts have killed your time. If you got a pair of M & H semi slicks and ran a 1.7-1.8 60ft youd drop almost 2 seconds of your time.
For every 0.1 you drop on your 60ft you drop about 0.2 at the other end..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
non vtec so its my driving and tires then , and not my engine that is weak.??
i will post some datalong run up of the three drag

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does anyone know how to cut the datalog in half and just save where you want to save??
the file i have is too big.
MY IAT was at 114.3 degree
and ECT was at 221.2 F
i have just fixed the fan switch wire today so hofully that was the cause of poor engine running due to the fact the engine was too hot.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i found out how to do it
thanks for the feedback guys.
heres the first run.
hmm say's invalid file type i guess you can only upoad pictures

now i gota head to work peace yall

·
Registered
370 Posts
dapretendr said:
does anyone know how to cut the datalog in half and just save where you want to save??
the file i have is too big.
MY IAT was at 114.3 degree
and ECT was at 221.2 F
i have just fixed the fan switch wire today so hofully that was the cause of poor engine running due to the fact the engine was too hot.
at those temps you should just turn your car off and let it cool down. Also explains your low mph. try again with some better tires and lower temps. If you look in your datalog at the point of with those temps, note your ignition timing. Then flip to your tables and you will find the difference between what should of been your ignition timing and your actual ign. timing. good luck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
dont worry bro, its a totally different ball game when make that jump to a "K"...you just need alil time in the seat at the track...that mph is good for low 14's-high 13's....like pacman and nikos said work on you launch and 60 foot you'll be in there....after that its all car...late

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cx civic i'm stil new to the kmanager so i would be able to tell you what the origianl timming would be.
i want to post the datalog of my run but the upload here lets you host pictures only.
thanks for all the feedback guys.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.