Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1965 mg midget
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an adapter plate attachIng to a ford type 9 transmission in a1975 Mg midget. Anybody got a source so I don’t have to build one?

·
Registered
1965 mg midget
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I’ve emailed them to get a better understanding. Their system has a hydraulic clutch release . With 23 splines. The midget gearbox Input shaft has 20.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
what year is your MG Midget? My neighbor had a green one. I don't remember the year.

Are you going to strengthen the chassis in any way? I know in my past Honda builds the more rigid the chassis got the faster and more responsive the engine became.

·
Registered
1965 mg midget
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1975. I’ll see any reason to strengthen chassis the Honda engine weighs the same as the original

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
It isn't about the engine's weight. The Honda K-series can be a violent engine when your are getting on it. Look you can look at it as you may, by trade of 22 years I am pipefitter, metal fabricator, in 1998 I was passing 6G X Ray Weld Pipe tests at the Newport News Shipyard. I have been certified as a pipe welder and structural welder just as long. I am telling the MG MIdget chassis is not as strong as my 2002 Acura RSX DC5.... I mean the Miata guys get strong. I would beef that jimmy up brother. Blessing to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts