Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of swapping a K20A2 in my Black 94 Civic EX Coupe (EJ) and every thing is coming along smoothly. I will try to take some pics tomorrow of the progress. So far this is what has been done.

1. Removed D16Z6 (205600 Miles)
2. Power Steering Removed
3. Non Powering Steering Rack Installed
4. Removed ABS and ECU
5. Installed Non ABS Master Cylinder, Brake Booster, and Brake Lines
6. Installed Quaife LSD
7. Installed Non Power Steering EP3 Pully and Belt
8. Removed Passenger Side Engine Mount
9. K20A2 installed with Hasport Mounts
10. Wired up Hybrid-Racing Harness
11. Clutch line installed
12. Made Charging Harness
13. Installed DC Sport Header
14. Grounded Motor, Tranny, and Intake
15. Installed Cooling System
16. Installed 12" Cooling Fan
17. Aligned up Steering Rack and Steering Wheel the best I could. Needs an a Alignment
18. Removed Factory Shifter Linkages
19. Cut Hole and Installed Shifter Box w/Karcepts Shifter Mount
20. Installed Hybrid-Racing Fuel Lines
21. Installed AEM Universal Fuel Pressure Regulator
22. Installed Shifter Cables (shifts like a dream)
23. Installed EP3 Throttle Cable
24. Bleeded Brake Lines
25. Installed (off brand) short ram intake
26. Reinstalled Cruise Control

Still waiting on Axels (Arriving Tomorrow), Hondata K-Pro ECU (Arriving later on this week) and Comptech Supercharger and ACT Stage 2 Clutch will be installed within the next 2-3 months. These are the last parts that need to be installed b/f the car can be driven.

Well thats all the work I have done so far and as soon as I get it moving I have to go to the exhaust shop then to the alignment shop (our machine at work is malfunctioning).

When I am finished the car will appear and sound stock until WOT. A 2.5 inch exhaust front to back with glasspack and quiet muffler. I am building a Sleeper so no flaming please. I even have the stock 5 speed shift knob on the shifter. The only difference to the outside of the car is 96-2000 EX Hubcaps which I am planning on keeping and put on some more aggressive tires to help with traction problems and a 1 Inch drop (DropZone Springs and Struts) just to stiffen the ride and a 1" drop is very unnoticeable. I love making sleepers and seeing the expressions on people's faces when you leave them in the dust and this one will be my best/fastest one.

So tell me what you think.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
black 94 coupes for life... sounds a bit like my setup except mine's arm is 13mm longer then yours

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NickZED20 said:
black 94 coupes for life... sounds a bit like my setup except mine's arm is 13mm longer then yours
Arm??

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
K24 99mm stroke
K20 86mm stroke
His arm is 13mm longer. :up:
-Jalal

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Piston Rod......Cool thats what I have planned next.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NickZED20 said:
whhhaaaaAA?
I was meaning the K24A Swap. I wanted to do it before I was finished with my K20A2 swap. If not then I am going with a S/C.

·
Registered
78 Posts
what exuast are u putting on...

the only one that i found out is nice and quiet is the APEX'i WS muffler...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice build. Im new nobb and very curious about K20 motor. Was interested to know by installing k20 or k24 motor into my 95civic ex, Show condition How much value it will bring to car? I Hydro locked my motor and just learned about this beast block and was considering K20a or K24 or simply installing a re manufactured b16z6 0 miles and selling. Any ideas and all feed back will be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
guy said:
Nice build. Im new nobb and very curious about K20 motor. Was interested to know by installing k20 or k24 motor into my 95civic ex, Show condition How much value it will bring to car? I Hydro locked my motor and just learned about this beast block and was considering K20a or K24 or simply installing a re manufactured b16z6 0 miles and selling. Any ideas and all feed back will be greatly appreciated.

-Thank you. :rolleyes:
Honestly, if your planning to sell your car I wouldnt even install the K-series motor in it. Most people are asking 10k plus for cars with the K swap.
IMO, I doubt too many people will jump to buy a car with a K motor already in it. Me myself, I like the joy of building my own car..
I say install the b16z6 and sell it.
If you decided to go to the K route, take it for a spin,
it will probaly sell you into keeping the car. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts. Greatly appreciated. I am going with the rebuilt 0 miles b16z6 and selling as recommend. Hey a quick question just out of curiousity what was the total cost in doing the K20a swap? -Thanks again for the feed back.

·
Registered
123 Posts
guy said:
Thank you for your thoughts. Greatly appreciated. I am going with the rebuilt 0 miles b16z6 and selling as recommend. Hey a quick question just out of curiousity what was the total cost in doing the K20a swap? -Thanks again for the feed back.
I say the average is 5-7k..

·
Registered
129 Posts
nice. I will send you (link) later tonight, pics of my ride. perhaps you can send me pics of your ride with k20 motor. :wink:

·
Registered
475 Posts
MattSett said:
I say the average is 5-7k..
I'm very interested how you can honestly say 7K??

I have quoted much much more

$3500 for a USDM K20 or K24 if you are lucky.
$5500 atleast for a JDM K20aR
$3G for just the parts to put the motor in(Mounting Wireing Exh ect.)
$1,000 for Kpro

This is of coarse if you are buying everything online or from a local shop without any hookups.. Wrecked RSXs will not sell for under 3G no matter who you know. I know salvage yards.. .

7K-9K EASY depending on how much you get a motor for.

you can cut corners on 4 things I know of
Not buying a easy wire harness from like Hybrid Racing > Saves $300
Not buying Axles if they come with your motor and using B Series > Saves $200
Not Buying a Kpro > Saves 1,000 pluss tuning
Using and fabricating your own USED Radiator setup > ~$200-300

I would be surprised if anyone has spent less than $6500 to do this swap doing it theirselves and getting amazing deals along the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts