Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone
im somewhat new here, and i recently purchased a complee k20a2 from a guy off hondatech for 450$ with IM and Wire harness, but ofcourse there was somehting wrong with it and i was awayre of this before i bought it. well i got it to new york, and after driving around for a few days i convinced my school to let me use there cherry picker to get it out my trnk, but anyways a few days later and well heres why it was only 450$ and was really only purchased for the head.

http://www.imagehosting.com/]

and heres a side by side comparison of the bad piston next to the best piston i pulled out

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7773/photomx8.jpg]

the cylinder wall from the bad piston has some scratches on it, im not sure how deep they are, im considering just having it bored out and i plan on getting a complete new rotating assembly, possibly with a longer stoke since im going to have bigger pistons anyways, or should i just buy a k24 block?? i f the machine shop says that they have to re sleeve it than i know it would be cheaper to buy a k24 bock, but what do you recomend, also if anyone can give me a link where i can find some good rebuild kits, bc i want to build a high perforance machine but im not god with numbers and dont want to negativly affect my performance by getting high performance cams and the wrong valves, and end up opening the valve to much and the piston hitting it, i just know theres so much that could go wrong i would rather purchase a kit that includes everything from rotating assembly to cams to the head gasket and honda bond (if such a kit exists) i know i can find one for an chevy 350 but what about a k20 and heres some more pics i tried to get one where u can see the scratches on the wal but its hard

·
Registered
228 Posts
you are sure the head is allright...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea im pretty sure, though im taking it to westchester crankshaft, a pretty reputable shop in nyc, but i decided not to mess with the block, by the looks of it it seems that a k frank build would be more bang for the buck anyways, and besides even if i do bore out the block the bearings were in horrible condition and who knows if the crank will ever turn the same, the crank has significant markings and damage to it, meanwhile the head looks flawless, i just took out the valves and they all apear str8 as of now but im going to put them in a drill like a drillbit and spinn them to see if they wobbe, either way im replaceing valves and springs. it would be a whole lot eaier for me to just buy a k24 and put the k20 head on it. though i havent made any final decisions yet and still open to suggestions and comments.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I gonna make the same for me... my crankshaft of my k20a2 seen to be too grinded by fault bearings

About your valve...you just have to roll them on a desk....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gonna make the same for me... my crankshaft of my k20a2 seen to be too grinded by fault bearings

About your valve...you just have to roll them on a desk....
yes i should have thought of that before, and what do u mean fault bearingss ?? like a manufaturer mistake or just worn due to exxcesive wear?

and what should be brought over to the k24 block from the k20a2?? oil pump? water pump? or are they all the same i have read about the type s oil pump on the k24 block wich ill probably due just because i have one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts