Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
I will do the swap on the begin of summer...how long will takes to do this? and how much will cost if I have already my swap...and can you post more pics of your fuel lines adapters

Being I had hardly any supporting information, it took me months...mainly due to ordering wrong parts here, then come across something i did not expect and had to wait more time for the parts to come. The car is not in my possesion any longer, so the pictures i have posted is all i've got for ya. Sorry

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
GREAT write up,, Believe it or not ,you help me make up my mind last night at 4:27 am on going with this swap... I just started my build 1!!!

thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have a question ???
I got a 96 ek.. All the swaps ive seen , (ecpert yours ) thier not keeping A/c , for me ITS A MUST I live in Florida.. My question is did you have to get a separate harness , or are the Harness from Hybrid , or the other Comp come already wired..( reason being how k has charge harness and main harnees #2) ??? thanxxx

Good question about the AC...i only mounted the core so it could be redone if needed. Hasport could probably better answer your questions. Good luck on the swapp!!!:dance:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did you have picture of oil pan clearance? Im tempting to get this mount... Is it really that bad? Although VERY nice build, cant wait for my parts to come in

·
Registered
14 Posts
i plan on doing this exact swap in my 96 coupe and reading this thread has helped me a ton! the oem axle combo is the only thing im not sure of! Im gunna be using ekk1 mounts and the oem axle combo ill need is:

type s axle and b series outter
&
Type s inner -prelude shaft-b series outter

what side prelude shaft do i need?/... driver or passenger??

Or is there an easier oem combo to do>?>

·
Registered
22 Posts
So i just read through this whole thread, SO MUCH good info, i think im going to bite the bullet and do this to my 96 ek Midori civic!

I assume there was no power steering at all ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boost Me - Great info, looks like I have finally decided what to do. I just need to clarify one issue - the mounts. The EKK1 mounts use the stock subframe, rack, LCA's correct? The EKK2 mount would use EG/DC subframe, rack, LCA's correct. If so I have saved my self lots of money by keeping parts from other build that I though were useless. Also does anything change by using a K24 motor instead. Maybe wiring or axles. I already know about the throttle body needing changed out. Thanks again for all the help!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Boost Me - Great info, looks like I have finally decided what to do. I just need to clarify one issue - the mounts. The EKK1 mounts use the stock subframe, rack, LCA's correct? The EKK2 mount would use EG/DC subframe, rack, LCA's correct. If so I have saved my self lots of money by keeping parts from other build that I though were useless. Also does anything change by using a K24 motor instead. Maybe wiring or axles. I already know about the throttle body needing changed out. Thanks again for all the help!
Sounds like you have your facts right. I'm not so familiar with the k24 but what you mentioned sounds correct. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
help!!!im new to this K20 scene. i have an ek with a gsr turbo right now and i really want a K20a. what parts should i keep from this setup i have now in order to drop my K20? the motor im looking at right now comes with this: Complete Head Complete Block Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold Injectors Throttle Body
Power Steering Pump Sensors Fuel Rail
Alternater Distributor A/C Compressor
LSD Manual 6-SPD Transmission Clutch Flywheel
ECU Complete Wiring Harness
is there anything else i may need from this motor? please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
i need help! what if instead of going from auto to manuel, cant i just leave the car automatic? is there any possible way w/out the clutch, the clutch resevoir, & all that stuff? cant i jsut slap the motor in & drive? i need more info before i start putting in my mottor onto my eg hatch thanks in advance!

·
P.M.W./A.W.S.
21,524 Posts
Kseriesguy

You're being to vague.

But if I understand your question correctly, you can't "just slap in the motor & drive", for the manual K-swap that is.

You WILL have to convert it to a manual in order for it to drive. Conversion is not that hard. Plenty of people are selling conversion parts and you can stop by your local junkyard or check ebay for these items.

Now if you're talking about doing an auto K swap, I don't believe the mounts offered for the k swaps will bolt onto auto trans, and you have to take into consideration the cables used for the auto trans are different from the manual.

In the end, you're going to have to convert it to a manual, no matter what.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
i need help! what if instead of going from auto to manuel, cant i just leave the car automatic? is there any possible way w/out the clutch, the clutch resevoir, & all that stuff? cant i jsut slap the motor in & drive? i need more info before i start putting in my mottor onto my eg hatch thanks in advance!
That is the craziest question I have read on this whole post. I dont mean to be rude or an ass, but common sense says you cant take a manual motor and put it in an automatic setup car and simply lose the clutch and it will work fine. Please take the time to read this whole post. There probably close to everything you need to know here and a couple other sticky posts. I took the time to write the post, you should take the time to read it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As far as the power steering goes, I think I read that the only issue was hood clearance. So if you can find a way to get around that then its just a matter of running the lines.

I was really surprised in driving the car w/o ps how nice it was. The only time it is difficult to steer is when the car is not moving, other than that, I really think its hard to tell the difference when you are driving.

If I was able to completely do the swap you def should have no problems. Read my thread closely, and if you ever come up on any questions pm me or post up here.

Thanks
the ekk2 mounts have two mounting positions to allow for the use of power steering

·
Registered
124 Posts
idk if this was answered, but with Ekk1 mounts you HAVE to cut the radiator support for A/C? sorry if this was answered i just skimmed through.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
quick really novice question, when doing a swap on an ek do you need to cut the little bracket off the passenger side frame rail? I know you have to cut the whole trans bracket on an eg/dx I was just wondering before I get my car painted.

·
P.M.W./A.W.S.
21,524 Posts
quick really novice question, when doing a swap on an ek do you need to cut the little bracket off the passenger side frame rail? I know you have to cut the whole trans bracket on an eg/dx I was just wondering before I get my car painted.
NO!

The brackets that come with the mounts work with that passenger side bracket on the frame rail :up:

Checkout Hasports website for reference. :wink:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just when thru all ten pages on my cell nice write up I hope this helps when I do my swap on my hatch now its time to charge my cell again lmao!

·
Registered
1 Posts
greetings to all, :)

Congratulations on your swap, if you can help me because I'm making the swap to my ek9 (K20A), but the engine cover sticks with pulley P / S. I need exactly.

greetings,

181 - 200 of 235 Posts